Technical Marketing Engineer
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Who You'll Work With
Cisco’s Enterprise Networking Group defines and delivers market-leading campus solutions to enable transformational customer outcomes. The technical marketing team consists of highly motivated and talented professionals with a gift for explaining Cisco's message and driving product development.
What You'll Do
The Enterprise Networking team is looking for a Technical Marketing Engineer to help drive technical strategy and customer adoption of Cisco's intent-based networking technologies. The right candidate will work with product managers and engineering to define product requirements for Software-Defined Access and related products. You will also engage with customers to determine their needs and ensure our products reflect them.
Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing technical collateral, including white papers, technical slide decks, and presentations.
- Presenting at trade shows and conferences such as Cisco Live!
- Working with engineering to define product requirements and feature priorities
- Assisting sales and advanced services in designing customer networks
- Educating sales teams at conferences and workshops
- Testing new technologies/releases in the lab
Who You Are
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- In-depth understanding of networking technologies including: Cisco Catalyst Switching, IOS, IOS XE, Aironet AP and Wireless LAN controllers.
- Deep knowledge of core routing/switching and wireless protocols such as TCP/IP, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, STP, RF Fundamentals, CAPWAP
- Strong wireless knowledge desired
- Knowledge of network virtualization, multi-tenant infrastructure, VxLAN, LISP, TrustSec technologies, in addition to standard routing/switching/wireless protocols.
- CCNP or equivalent certification is desired.
- Must be able to demonstrate confidence in architecture, engineering, operations, and security discussions
- Proven ability to understand complex and in-depth level technical situations, related business challenges, and be able to communicate strategies for effective solutions.
- Excellent communications skills and comfort/experience presenting a must
- Ability to distill complex technical concepts into understandable language
- Programming and/or scripting experience and familiarity with DevOps tools
- Domestic/International Travel required ~25%
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.