Technical Marketing Engineer
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What You'll Do
Cisco’s Security Business Group designs, builds, and delivers best-in-class security products that form the
Foundation of Cisco’s creative security architecture. The Business Group's Technical Marketing Engineering team is
Responsible for all IPS/NGIPS, NGFW, Advanced Threat Security and Security Analytics products as well as Security
Management applications covering those products.
Who You'll Work With
The role of the Technical Marketing Engineer is to improve products, enable sales, and educate customers through:
- Being the customer’s Technical Advocate inside the Business Unit
- Evangelizing the value and utility of Cisco security technologies to the field, channel, and customer
- Being technical advisors towards future product development through field experiences
- Being solution evangelists based on existing products within the Advanced Threats portfolio and extending out to
Complementary products within Data Center, Enterprise, and Service Provider teams.
Who You Are
You have intrinsic product knowledge as well as detailed technical knowledge about a variety of networking environments
Wherein the product has to reside. TMEs should have the ability to clearly articulate the technical differentiators of
A product as well as work with Product Managers in identifying customer requirements and product gaps and helping
Product Management prioritize those gaps. Customer and field interaction is a requirement. This particular role will focus heavily and primarily
On Cisco's Next Generation Intrusion Prevention System.
- You will enable the success of Cisco’s Network Security and Threat Defense products, specifically NGIPS, AMP for Networks, Cisco Threat Intelligence Directory, and directly related products.
- Deliver Competitive Analysis to enable field against competition
- Assist the team’s execution and strategic plan for technical marketing, consistent with the product portfolio’s broader business strategy, including but not limited to:
- Providing compelling technical collateral by synthesizing complex concepts into customer, field, and channel-centric materials.
- Ensuring necessary content, training programs, and design implementations are available to the SE, CSE and partner technical communities. Knowledge transfer content enables the technical sales team with the ability to understand the technical capabilities of our products and to technically support their customers.
- Engaging with select customers that are strategic in nature in order to better understand the real-world environment in which our products are used. A strategic engagement may be a large opportunity, a beachhead account, a new adopter, a customer under Customer Assurance Program (CAP) or through Cisco Security’s customer forums (SSFs).
- Participating in the development process to provide in-depth customer and technical understanding to both Engineering and the Product Managers.
- Technical Expertise and Industry Knowledge
- Technical Marketing and Knowledge Transfer
- Interpersonal Skills
- Partnership, Teamwork, and Leadership
- Business Insight
- Interact heavily with Product and Engineering teams to influence product strategy and direction
- Support sales and marketing efforts as required. Some travel required.
- Deep understanding of security technologies, with heavy emphasis on threat detection and prevention.
- Cyber security knowledge is advantage.
- Strong ability to establish relationships among Cisco sales, marketing, and customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability in developing and delivering clear technical presentations on common security topics.
- Strong technical writing and presentation creation skills. Confirmed ability in crafting and delivering technical white papers and business/technical presentations.
- Ability to work with limited supervision in defining initial goals and addressing complex issues as they arise.
- Understands the inter-BU dependencies and develops an action plan to maintain constant communication.
- Works with Product Management and the field to understand and position ambitious issues at the system level.
- BA/BS or equivalent (engineering, marketing, or business preferred) experience required. Advanced technical degree or MBA a plus.
- 4-6+ years overall experience in fields such as technical or product marketing, sales, or engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years working on cloud or SaaS based platforms, with multiple product offerings.
- Deep understanding of networking technology. CCNA/CCNP/CCIE [Security] are a plus.
At Cisco, each person brings their unusual talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco