Technical Marketing Engineer - SD WAN
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technical Marketing Engineer (TME)
What You'll Do
We are looking for a Technical Marketing Engineer to evangelize hardware and software products and technologies to meet aggressive business targets and drive product direction in close-collaboration with product managers. You should be curious and eager to learn with little assistance, the new products and leverage your findings and deductions to provide valuable inputs to Engineering and the overall TME organization. Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate and present the products and technologies to sales teams, customers and partners at internal and external events, conferences, EBCs, etc.
- Create Documents and Presentations with technical details for the products and technologies
- Provide technical guidance and support to the Sales teams and enable them to successfully sell our products
- Conduct labs and demos of the products and show the value add
- Work closely with Engineering teams to provide feedback and drive technical requirements for future roadmaps
- Work on Cloud based Networking with AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Work on SD WAN solutions
- Work on virtual platforms and software
- Work on Hardware platforms and architectures including future ASICs
- Work with orchestration technologies using DevOps such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Containers
- Work on Analytics and telemetry tools
- Work on Automation and Programmability with NETCONF and YANG
- Work with automation or cloud software to enable next generation network design and network architectures
- Develop automated methods to manage the network and optimize our customer's user experience
Who You'll Work With
The Enterprise Switching Group is part of EISG. You will be working closely with Product Managers, Software Engineering and Hardware Engineering teams within EISG. You will also work with teams across the other organizations in Security, Management, and other groups. As a TME you will spend a lot of time working with the sales and account teams.
Who You Are
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
In-depth understanding of networking technologies and computer networks is mandatory
AWS Certified Architect, CCIE or other Cisco certification is desired
Understanding of Cloud Networking Technologies like VPC, etc.
Familiarity with Voice Technologies, including SRST, FXS/FXO, G.711, CUCM, SIP, H.323, CUBE, Broadsoft, Webex, and UC SaaS
Understanding of AWS/GPC/Azure cloud and their cloud networking solutions
Familiarity with Cisco Enterprise Routing product lines of ISR/ASR/CSRv/ENCS/vEdge ...etc.
Understanding of Campus, WAN & Branch Networks and Campus External connectivity is desirable
Expertise in a few areas of Enterprise Networking is desirable (e.g. Routing protocols – BGP/OSPF/ISIS/EIGRP), Multicast, MPLS, SR, QoS, Netflow, Security, High Availability, etc.)
Must be able to demonstrate confidence in architecture, engineering, operations, and security discussions
Proven ability to understand complex and in-depth level technical situations, related business challenges, and be able to communicate strategies for effective solutions
Knowledge of optimizing network virtualization and multi-tenant infrastructure
DevOps Programming and scripting experience in Python and Linux
Familiarity with cloud and knowledge of latest trends related to networks is preferable
Domestic / International Travel required ~25%
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.