Technical Marketing Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Who You'll Work With
The Cisco UCS Performance and Solutions team is looking for a highly motivated and self-driven technical marketing engineer (TME) to define, validate and drive Cisco UCS and HyperFlex integrated solutions. These solutions enable our customers to standardize their compute, network and storage deployment models to achieve new levels of operational efficiency with consistent policies.
Computing Systems Product Business Unit (CSPBU) is a global organization with over 300 employees spanning the hardware and software development, QA, technical marketing, product management and program management organizations. CSPBU is responsible for delivering an innovative rack, blade and hyperconverged servers for growing, highly complex data centers.
What You'll Do
The Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and Graphics team supports solution development across all of CSPBU product lines for virtual Microsoft Windows and Linux Desktops, hosted server shared desktop sessions and virtual applications. The team supports virtualization of professional graphics application in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction, Oil and Gas, Healthcare and Geospatial vertical markets with server based graphics processing units (GPUs) from partner organizations. Your primary responsibility will be development of Cisco Validated Designs and white papers that detail the design and deployment of VDI solutions. Presenting your work in internal and external webinars, to customers and at trade shows round out the responsibilities of a TME on our team.
Maintaining enterprise level technical certifications with VMware or Citrix for hypervisor, desktop broker, user persona management and access control; designing and developing architectures at scales from several hundred to more than five thousand seat scales; demonstrating proficiency with Cisco UCS Manager deployment of Cisco UCS and HyperFlex from greenfield to fully functional systems using Cisco best practices; troubleshooting UCS Manager, VMware ESX, Citrix XenServer, and Microsoft Hyper-V; configuring Cisco Nexus switching and Cisco ACI (plus;) incorporating multiple delivery methods in each design; incorporating multiple delivery protocols in each design; incorporating SAN storage using iSCSI and fibre channel in some designs, powershell and power cli capabilities for automation (plus;) benchmarking solution performance with Login VSI and/or SPECviewperf; working with partners and internal engineering; engagement in understanding customer requirements and proposing innovative solutions and architecture. Role also includes the following:
- Creation of collateral including technical requirements, test plans, technical presentations, white papers, design guides and implementation guides to address product management and marketing requirements
- Provide expert technical architectural support and guidance for sales opportunities that involve VDI converged and hyperconverged infrastructure, management and automation, including integration with certain select 3rd party product. Performance Benchmarking of Hadoop on Cisco UCS platform.
- Monitoring VDI related internal mailers and engaging with Cisco AMs, TSAs, PSSs, etc to provide technical sales support
Who You Are
Seeking candidates with 5 or more years of industry experience with Bachelors / Master’s Degree in a technical discipline. Must be a self-starter and a demonstrated team player. Experience with Citrix or VMware desktop broker technologies as a lead administrator or architect is required. Experience with either desktop broker in a delivery consultant role is desirable. Experience with automation of routing VCC related tasks is a plus
- Experience designing and implementing data center infrastructures
- Experience with Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS)
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated communications skills and experience developing presentations, whitepapers, and architectural documents working with platform engineering
- Certification with Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) and Nexus Switching
- Hypervisor expertise and certification
- Certification for VDI technologies such as VMware Horizon or Citrix Virtual Desktops and Apps
- Experience in application deployment architectures
- Experience with VDI performance benchmarks
- Field technical sales experience, working as a Systems Engineer, Consulting Engineer, Delivery Consultant or equivalent
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco