Technical Marketing Engineer - Security
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
The Security Policy & Access (SPA) team within Enterprise Networks is looking for a Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) to join our team in Bangalore, India. We need a candidate that can help us innovate, evangelize and support the fast-growing and market-leading Identity Services Engine (ISE) and our other security policy products for our Sellers, Partners and Customers around the world.
Ideal candidates will have technical knowledge and proficiency with Cisco Enterprise and/or Security networking products and solutions. Strong communication skills are needed to document, record, demo, share, support, teach, influence, and troubleshoot our products, solutions and integrations. Finally, you will be independent and motivated to identify, organize, prioritize, and tackle projects and problems in your product area and travel worldwide up to 30% of your time as needed.
Below are some of the expectations, responsibilities, and projects you will be expected to lead, participate and deliver.
* Openly and effectively communicates with both business and technical decision makers.
* A team player capable of working with multiple stakeholders to drive features and solutions
* Knowledge of the networking and security industries, sales process, and customer operations
* Accept medium amount of instruction to start on a project and little ongoing guidance
* Understand most aspects of our technologies, products and solutions
* Independently propose, build and successfully deliver technical content to educate audiences large and small
* Exercise good Judgement and perspective in understanding business priorities and initiatives to deliver
* Initiative to find gaps the product or team and redefine his / her job to meet these needs to have an impact
Products & Solutions
* Understand the Cisco routes to market, customer segments, and field org structure.
* Create deep dive content on solving complex business problems with technology and solutions
* Drive and influence feature creation, improvements, and bug fixes with product managers and engineering Delivery of highly technical presentations in industry and internal forums; performing competitive analysis
* Independently identify and anticipate strategic barriers to deployment then propose and champion solutions to mitigate impact
* Solid ownership of 1 or more platforms, technologies, product, software, or solution areas
* Work globally with sales and partners on product and solution opportunities
* Conceive and build technology demos that highlight and differentiate our products and solutions
* Create and deliver sales training and customer engagement collateral including RFI/RFPs, POVs, betas, demo and labs
* Evangelize, teach and support in a variety of company and industry events
* Interacts effectively with senior levels of customers and the sales organization
* Start and maintain positive engagements with medium to large customer deployments in beta and/or productions
* Professional support and communication from community-based support to high-priority customer escalations