Technical Marketing Engineer - Secure Network Analytics - SP&R
Location:Offsite, Alpharetta, Georgia, US
Alternate LocationUnited States and Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security
What You’ll Do
You will be a key member of Cisco’s Security Analytics TME team. We help design, build, and deliver market-leading network detection and response security products. These products form the foundation of Cisco’s innovative security analytics portfolio.
The role of the Technical Marketing Engineer is to enhance products and enable sales through:
- Demonstrate and present the Security Analytics products and technologies to sales teams, customers and partners at internal and external events, conferences, EBCs, etc.
- Evangelizing the value and utility of Cisco security technologies to customers, the field, and channel partners
- Functioning as technical advisors for future product development through field experiences
- Being solution evangelists based on existing products within the Security Analytics portfolio and extending out to complementary products within Data Center and Enterprise Networking teams.
The Technical Marketing Engineer enables the success of Cisco’s Security Analytics products with a focus on but not limited to Secure Network Analytics, Secure Cloud Analytics and Cisco Telemetry broker
- Executing the strategic plan for technical marketing consistent with the broader business strategy of the product portfolio
- Providing compelling technical collateral by synthesizing complex concepts into customer, field, and channel-centric materials
- Developing and maintaining field labs and compelling demo environments showcasing the latest technology
- Ensuring necessary content, training programs, and design implementations are available to the SE, CSE, and partner technical communities
- Engaging with strategic customers to better understand the environment where our products are deployed
- Participating in the development process to provide in-depth customer and technical understanding to both Engineering and the Product Managers
Who You’ll Work With
Our team has deep product knowledge and broad technical knowledge about a variety of networking environments. We clearly articulate the technical differentiators of our products interacting with customers, channel partners, and the Cisco field. We work with Product Managers and Engineering to identify customer requirements and prioritize feature development.
Who You Are
- BS and 4+ years of experience in technical marketing, technical sales, customer success, or engineering
- 3+ years of related technical experience, installing, designing, managing, administering and supporting an enterprise network
- Strong understanding of SecOps and network security including, DDoS, Firewall, IDS, IPS, anti-virus and common exploits
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, proxies and firewalls
- Good understanding of Networking Technologies: LAN/WAN networking protocols, switching and routing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability developing and delivering technical white papers and presentations
- Willingness to travel up to 40% to support sales, training, and marketing efforts
- Relevant certifications such as CCNP Security, CCIE Security, or other technical certifications
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!