Technical Marketing Engineer - Secure Cloud Analytics - SP&R
Location:Alpharetta, Georgia, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
What You’ll Do
You will be a key member of Cisco’s Security Analytics TME team. We help design, build, and deliver market-leading network detection and response security products. These products form the foundation of Cisco’s innovative security analytics portfolio.
The role of the Technical Marketing Engineer is to enhance products and enable sales through:
- Being the technical advocate and subject matter expert on SaaS based security analytics inside the Business Unit for customers.
- Evangelizing the value and utility of Cisco security technologies to customers, the field and channel partners.
- Influencing the direction of product development decisions and partnering with peer groups to execute on a complete vision for market leadership and industry excellence.
- Working with peer product teams across Cisco to drive native and orchestrated integrations to build world class enterprise solutions.
The Technical Marketing Engineer enables the success of Cisco’s Security Analytics products with a focus on Cisco Secure Cloud Analytics:
- Executing the strategic plan for technical marketing consistent with the broader business strategy of the product portfolio.
- Developing compelling technical collateral by synthesizing complex concepts into customer, field, and channel-centric materials.
- Ensuring necessary content, training programs and design implementations are available to the system engineers, solution architects and the partner technical communities.
- Engaging with strategic customers to better understand the environment where our products are deployed and where we should innovate to excel.
- Participating in the development process to provide in-depth customer and technical understanding to both Engineering and the Product Managers.
Who You’ll Work With
We are an agile, fun, passionate TME team within Cisco’s Security Business Group. Our team has deep product knowledge and broad technical knowledge about a variety of networking environments. We clearly articulate the technical differentiators of our products when/by interacting with customers, channel partners, and the Cisco field. We collaborate and work closely with technical Program Managers, Engineers and public cloud vendors to stay on the leading edge of capabilities which can further our ability to deliver software and platform services anywhere. When you work with us, you’ll be part of a highly empowered collaborative global team who's passionate about technology.
Who You Are
You are an accomplished technical leader in network engineering with superior work ethic and demonstrated success in security product design, implementation and demonstration. As a qualified candidate you bring IT and networking industry knowledge, competitive background and years of technology experience to aid in technical selling, explaining features and benefits to customers, partners and designing and configuring products and solutions to meet specific customer needs.
The minimum requirement for this position include:
- BS +7 years’ technical marketing, technical sales, customer success, or engineering.
- 4+ years’ experience in experience in cloud, and container frameworks, Network Automation, PaaS or SaaS technologies.
- Proven engineering skills in building secure public cloud connectivity solutions.
- Experience in designing and operating AWS, Azure, GCP networks.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to influence and communicate effectively to both Executive-Level Management as well as organizational managers.
- Experience in working with remote teams and a global organization which is 24x7.
- Agile and DevOps culture and iterative development practices are key transformations we are undertaking.
- Willingness to travel up to 40% to support sales, training and marketing efforts.
- Relevant certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Security, Google Professional Cloud Architect, Azure Solutions Architect Expert, CCIE Security and other technical certifications highly desired.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!