Technical Marketing Engineer - SDWAN Security
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Cloud and Data Center, Networking, Security
Who You'll Work With
Cisco’s Enterprise Networking Group defines and delivers market-leading enterprise solutions to enable transformational customer outcomes.
The technical marketing team consists of highly motivated and talented professionals with a gift for explaining Cisco's message and driving product development.
What You'll Do
The Enterprise Networking team is looking for a Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) to help drive technical strategy and customer adoption of Cisco's intent-based networking technologies.
The right candidate will work with product managers and engineering to define product requirements for Cisco SD-WAN and Cloud-related products. You will also engage with customers to determine their needs and ensure our products reflect them.
This TME will also work on collateral and sales enablement for these products.
Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing technical collateral, including white papers, technical slide decks, and presentations.
- Presenting at trade shows and conferences such as Cisco Live!
- Working with engineering to define product requirements and feature priorities
- Assisting sales and advanced services in designing customer networks
- Educating sales teams at conferences and workshops
- Testing new technologies/releases in the lab
Who You Are
- Strong technical foundation in networking and network security technologies (e.g., routing, switching, Firewalls, IPS, URLF, Anti-Malware, SSL Proxy, SIEM, Security Analytics, etc.)
- Network industry certifications such as CCIE or CISSP are preferred
- Hands-on experience with SD-WAN, VPN and Cloud networking such as AWS, Azure and GCP are a strong plus
- Exceptional communication and listening skills, ability to build rapport and credibility, clearly articulate a value proposition and help customers understand complex topics in a clear manner
- You will serve as the source of technical knowledge and key advisor for internal teams like engineering, technical support, sales and marketing and external partners like customers, resellers, and partners
- You will partner with Product Management in developing product/solution technical requirements into product requirement document
- You will also need to present in public forums and trade shows and customer presentations and demos
- 5+ years of experiences in customer facing technical consulting roles, such as Sales/Systems Engineer, Technical Marketing Engineer, Consulting Engineer, Solution Architect, or a senior level Customer Support engineer
- 5+ years of experience with network security technologies
- 10+ years of experience with networking / WAN technologies
- Hands on experience with different products and technologies commonly seen in Enterprise networks, including but not limited to routers, switches, firewalls, hypervisors, Windows, Linux, etc.
- Ability to understand and explain many different technologies and to communicate technical concepts in non-technical terms
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco