Technical Marketing Engineer - SD-WAN Competitive
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
The Enterprise Networking, Competitive Intelligence team is looking for ambitious, hungry talent with a passion for technology and an even greater passion for winning. The primary responsibility of this role is to develop competitive analysis and translate the analysis into useful information for our internal product management as well as Cisco sales teams.
This role will focus on the Enterprise WAN Edge market segment and includes SD-WAN and SD-Branch solutions and the technologies related to these offers.
Job responsibilities include:
- Vendor analysis – Research and evaluate vendor offers and capabilities and provide competitive analysis
- Competitive Testing – Focus on hands on analysis of Tier 1 and Tier 2 SD-WAN vendors and comparing their products against Cisco’s SD-WAN solution.
- Content Creation - Contribute to the competitive knowledge base through deliverables including presentations, battlecards, and whitepapers, recordings
- Solution Testing - Execute competitive benchmark testing and comparative analysis ranging from the box and feature-level to the architecture and solution level.
- Cross-functional Interaction - Provide strategic and tactical input to Product Management and Engineering to adjust future product direction and strategy.
- Training programs - Creation and delivery of sales force training programs to improve competitive awareness, including onsite presentations, technical demonstrations and related webinars
- Deal Support – Provide point-of-escalation support to the Cisco Global War Room as needed for competitive sales opportunities
Skills and Requirements:
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to work autonomously and still have a big impact.
- Experience operating a production WAN environment preferred
- Experience with third party WAN solutions a plus
- Proficient using content development tools such as MS PowerPoint, MS WORD, Camtasia desktop recording software
- Experience using industry network test tools such as Spirent Test Center, Avalanche, IXIA BreakingPoint, IxLoad, IxNetwork or similar
- CCNP level capabilities and knowledge are expected, with CCIE track highly desirable
- Candidates must be highly organized, fluent in English, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Public speaking is a big part of the job, so a candidate must be experienced and skilled as a presenter.
- Travel required approx. 20%.
The role stands at the intersection of numerous networking and applications technologies, so strong core networking and hands-on expertise are mandatory; including knowledge and experience in switching, routing, voice, video, and wireless. Candidates must be able to quickly develop functional knowledge of new technologies. Candidates must also demonstrate the ability to understand technologies in both a solution and customer context.
An ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 1-3 years of industry experience and BS/MS in appropriate technical disciplines.