Technical Marketing Engineer - Network Security / Outbound
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)Any Major US Cisco Office, RTP, Fulton and Cambridge
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
What You’ll Do
Cisco’s Security Business Group designs, builds, and delivers market-leading security products that form the foundation of Cisco’s innovative security architecture. The Business Group's Technical Marketing Engineering team is responsible for NGFW, NGIPS, and Security Management and its integration with the broader Cisco security architecture.
The role of the Outbound Technical Marketing Engineer is to enhance products and enable sales through:
- Being the technical advocate to customers for the Business Unit
- Evangelizing the value and utility of Cisco security technologies to customers, the field, and channel partners
The Technical Marketing Engineer enables the success of Cisco’s Network Security products by
- Providing compelling technical collateral and field engagement guides that focus on competitive differentiators of the Cisco NGFW solution
- Creating regular outbound content including blogs, videos, and whitepapers
- Supporting conferences, events, and large customer opportunities
Who You’ll Work With
Our team has deep product knowledge and broad technical knowledge about a variety of networking environments. We clearly articulate the technical differentiators of our products interacting with customers, channel partners, and the Cisco field. We work with Product Managers and Engineering to identify customer requirements and prioritize feature development.
Who You Are
- 10+ years’ experience in technical marketing, technical sales, or customer success
- Thorough understanding of security technologies, with emphasis on integrations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability developing and delivering outbound content
- Willingness to travel up to 30% to support sales, training, and marketing efforts
- BA/BS in engineering/computer science or equivalent experience
- Relevant certifications such as CCNP Security, CCIE Security, or other technical certifications
- Experience with Cisco firewall solutions – ASA, FTD, FMC, FDM and CDO
- Experience integrating multiple technologies into security solutions
- Experience with solutions from leading cybersecurity vendors
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.