Technical Marketing Engineer- HyperFlex Team
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Who You'll Work With
The Cisco HyperFlex team is looking for a highly motivated and self-driven technical marketing engineer (TME) to define, validate and drive Cisco UCS and HyperFlex integrated solutions. These solutions enable our customers to standardize their compute, network and storage deployment models to achieve new levels of operational efficiency with consistent policies.
Computing Systems Product Business Unit (CSPBU) is a global organization with over 300 employees spanning the hardware and software development, QA, technical marketing, product management and program management organizations. CSPBU is responsible for delivering an innovative rack, blade and hyperconverged servers for growing, highly complex data centers.
What You'll Do
Cisco HyperFlex systems combine software-defined storage and data services software with Cisco UCS (unified computing system), a converged infrastructure system that integrates computing, networking and storage resources to increase efficiency and enable centralized management. HyperFlex supports different hypervisors and application stacks. This position is focused on the core data platform and associated areas such as performance, platform resilience, storage efficiency and data management features.
As a TME for this product group your primary responsibility will be development of white papers and best practices guides that detail the design and deployment of solutions. You will also be the primary subject matter expert and contact for sales for pre-sales activities for areas related to the core data platform. Presenting your work in internal and external webinars & demos/POCs, to customers and at trade shows round out the responsibilities of a TME on our team.
Responsibilities include designing and developing architectures at scales; demonstrating proficiency with VMWare ESX, Cisco UCS Manager deployment of Cisco UCS and HyperFlex from greenfield to fully functional systems using Cisco best practices; troubleshooting UCS Manager, configuring Cisco Nexus switching and Cisco ACI (plus;) incorporating SAN storage using iSCSI and fibre channel in some designs, benchmarking solution performance with vdbench and other application specific benchmarks and tools; working with partners and internal engineering; engagement in understanding customer requirements and proposing innovative solutions and architecture. Role also includes the following:
· Creation of collateral including technical requirements, test plans, technical presentations, white papers, design guides and implementation guides to address product management and marketing requirements
· Provide expert technical architectural support and guidance for sales opportunities that involve hyperconverged infrastructure, management and automation, including integration with certain select 3rd party product. Performance Benchmarking of HyperFlex platform.
· Monitoring related internal mailers and engaging with Cisco AMs, TSAs, PSSs, etc to provide technical sales support
Who You Are
Seeking candidates with 10+ years of industry experience with Bachelors / Master’s Degree in a technical discipline. Must be a self-starter and a demonstrated team player. Experience with enterprise storage platforms, Virtualization and key hypervisors – ESX, HyperV, KVM, etc. Enterprise applications and related ecosystem as a TME, solution architect, lead administrator or architect is a plus.
· Experience designing and implementing data center infrastructures
· Ability to set and meet deadlines
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· Demonstrated communications skills and experience developing presentations, whitepapers, and architectural documents working with platform engineering
· Certification with Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) and Nexus Switching
· Hypervisor expertise and certification
· Experience in application deployment architectures
· Field technical sales experience, working as a Systems Engineer, Consulting Engineer, Delivery Consultant or equivalent
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
· We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
· We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
· We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco