Technical Marketing Engineer (Full Time) United States
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Job TypeEarly in Career
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
We are looking for a Technical Marketing Engineer to promote and increase customer adoption of various enterprise technologies such as network visibility, security, switching, wireless, routing, and Software Defined intent-based networking technologies. We are seeking a motivated, detail oriented & committed engineer that will rise to the challenge to communicate, design, build & help customers and sales teams on enterprise networking technologies. Often you will work as part of a team as well as independently in customer engagements of the latest technologies. You should be curious and eager to learn about new products, technologies, and solutions to provide valuable input and communication to the sales, engineering, and product management organization.
- Help drive the future technical product direction.
- Be a technical consultant on customer calls and meetings.
- Work closely with the field, key Systems Integrators, Engineering, and Cisco Technology Partners in an Agile environment.
- Work with automation or cloud software to enable next generation network design and network architectures.
- Develop automated methods to own the network and optimize our customer's user experience. Build messaging about key customer challenges and benefits of Cisco's solutions based on use cases.
- Build Documents and Presentations with technical details for the products, technologies, and solutions.
- Travel and deliver training to customers, partners, sales teams both domestically and internationally at events and customer locations.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco’s Enterprise Networking Group is a core technology group within Cisco. By defining and delivering market-leading campus networking solutions with Cisco Digital Network Architecture (DNA) which is an intent-based networking architecture that delivers advanced solutions for enterprises.
Who You Are
Loves technology, computer networking, and automation. Self-starter who is passionate about ground-breaking technology and driving change. Has a strong sense of ownership, loves turning ambiguity into real outcomes, working across all functions and matrixed teams, embraces the belief that leadership happens from all levels, and we are better together than any one of us individually.
- Including but not limited to a graduate/upcoming graduate of a technical degree or certification program from a Technical Boot Camp, Apprenticeship, Community College or 4-Year University.
- Eligible to start July/August 2023.
- Excellent communication skills both in technical and non-technical discussions.
- Excellent analytical skills. Confirmed ability to understand sophisticated and in-depth level technical situations, related business challenges, and be able to communicate these technologies in a clear and simple way to customers and sales teams.
- DevOps Programming and scripting experience in Python, Linux, or other programming language is desired.
- Interest and knowledge of networking technologies and networking is desired. Cisco Routing, Catalyst Switching, IOS XE, Aironet AP and Wireless controller experience is desired. Cisco certifications is desired.
- Able to legally live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsorship.
- Ability to travel to customer sites once deemed safe to do so (amount of travel will vary based upon your role and technology team).
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.