Technical Marketing Engineer (Full Time) - United States
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Job TypeNew Graduate
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Networking
Who You'll Work With
Cisco’s Enterprise Networking Group is a core technology group within Cisco that defines and delivers market-leading campus and cloud networking solutions with Cisco Digital Network Architecture, Cisco DNA is an intent-based networking architecture that delivers advanced solutions for enterprises.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a University hire Technical Marketing Engineer to evangelize and increase customer adoption of various enterprise technologies such as network visibility, security, switching, wireless, routing, and software-defined intent-based networking technologies. We are seeking a motivated, and committed engineer that will rise to the challenge to communicate, design, build and help customers and sales teams with enterprise networking technologies. Often times, you will work as part of a team as well as independently in customer engagements with the latest technologies. You should be curious and eager to learn about new products, technologies and solutions to provide valuable input and communication to the sales, engineering, and product management organization.
Activities you will own and drive include, but are not limited to:
- Communicating and explaining technical and systems views of networking deployments
- Helping drive the future technical product direction with engineering and product management
- Technical consultant on customer calls and meetings
- Work closely with the sales field, key Systems Integrators, Engineering, and Cisco Technology Partners in an Agile environment
- Working with automation or cloud software to enable next generation network design and network architectures
- Developing automated methods to manage the network and optimize our customer's user experience
- Developing messaging about key customer challenges and benefits of Cisco's solutions based on use cases
- Create documents and presentations with technical details for the products, technologies and solutions
- Travel and deliver training to customers, partners and sales teams both domestically and internationally at events and customer locations
Who You Are
Someone who loves technology, computer networking, automation and the move to digital. You are a self-starter who is passionate about ground-breaking technology and driving change. Has a strong sense of ownership, loves turning ambiguity into real outcomes, collaborative across functions and matrixed teams, embraces the belief that leadership happens from all levels and we are better as a team than any one of us individually.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- Excellent communication skills both in technical and non-technical discussions
- Excellent analytical skills. Proven ability to understand complex and in-depth level technical situations, related business challenges, and be able to communicate these technologies in a clear and simple way to customers and sales teams.
- DevOps Programming and scripting experience in Python, Linux, or other programming language is desired
- Interest and knowledge of networking technologies and networking is desired. Cisco Routing, Catalyst Switching, IOS XE, Aironet AP and Wireless controller experience is desired. Cisco certifications is desired.
- Domestic and international travel required ~25%
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!