Portfolio Product Manager - Data Center
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security
At Cisco, our inclusive culture inspires leadership and creates shared success. We make a meaningful difference for our people, our customers, and the world around us. The future of Cisco. The growth of our customers. The lives of people around the world. They are all connected. And everything starts with you.
We are seeking a Product Manager skilled in switching technologies to be part of our product management team that leads the Nexus data center switching portfolio. We continue to expand our product portfolio with the latest technologies to streamline and simplify the data center and application deployment experience.
Our product managers lead, and be responsible for the entire lifecycle of our products from concept, planning, ramp up, and sustaining. Join our high-impact team and work with every part of the machine that brings Cisco Nexus Data Center switches to market! As a Product Marketing Manager, you will work closely with Engineering, Finance, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Go-To-Market, Sales to build, implement and execute the product marketing strategy to grow our market with your thought leadership, market awareness, and demand generation skills.
- Developing business plans for product offerings including market analysis, financial models, pricing and subscription offers
- Translate product capabilities into simple, compelling messages that resonate with customers and build awareness
- Develop product proposals with clear functionality, customer value, time to market, and development requirements
- Present at internal and external events, highlighting Cisco’s vision and innovations in data center technologies
- Be a subject matter authority and a go-to resource for the sales teams as they position our networking equipment.
- Build impactful product marketing content such as blogs, videos, and presentations
- Partner with the broader marketing team to amplify our message, provide customer education, and generate demand
- Track the network switch market and competitive landscape in collaboration with product marketing and sales leadership
- Lead sales enablement activities for the field, partners, and customers
- 5-7 years engineering experience is required
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with crafting and delivering presentations in a range of environments, from industry conferences to customer briefings
- Able to travel up to 20%
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA is preferred
- 3+ years product marketing, technical marketing, customer support experience is preferable
- End-to-end product development on at least one product of reasonable complexity - the more, the better!
- Innate curiosity and a strong desire to learn
- The ability to empathize, communicate clearly, and adapt to change
- Patient and persistent in the face of challenges
- Detail-oriented and well-organized
#WeAreCisco, where each person is outstanding, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an expansive future for all. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward. So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!