Technical Marketing Engineer (Cisco Optics)
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
Cisco Optics Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco is looking for a dynamic, success driven Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) to play a key role in Cisco’s optical transceivers business. The ideal candidate will have spent 5-10 years in product/technology marketing with demonstrable success creating thought leadership in a new market. Effective communication skills are a must.
The Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) in TMGBU is responsible for owning system level activities related to the Cisco optical transceiver portfolio, understanding emerging network technology and its relation to pluggable optics, creating technical collateral, assisting account teams with customer testing, and running demonstrations at conferences and trade shows.
- Manage switching, routing, and optics hardware and software in the optics TME lab
- Engage with sales teams and customers to support validation and trials of Cisco optical transceivers.
- Perform functional and interoperability validation tests of Cisco optical transceivers.
- Author/co-author white papers and technical collateral.
- Manage customer-facing technical documentation.
- Manage demonstrations at trade shows and customer sites.
- Collaborate with Cisco switch and router teams.
- Collaborate with Cisco optical transceiver engineering teams.
Candidate Profile, Skills and Qualifications:
- Typically requires 5-10 years experience in Technical Marketing, Systems Engineering or equivalent, preferably combined with a degree in EE.
- Specific knowledge of or prior experience with relevant networking technologies, and an understanding of Cisco’s switching and routing portfolio is desired.
- Technical background including proficiency in networking and Cisco products and services.
- Deep applicable technology expertise and optical transceiver product knowledge and experience.
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical and market issues clearly.
- Knowledge of customer optical infrastructure requirements in multiple market segments.
- Strong hands-on skills for interoperability testing and validation activities.
- Works independently and on teams to complete projects using judgment and experience.
- Ability to build relationships with peers and among Cisco sales and systems engineering staff, cross functional stakeholders, vendor partners and customers.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.