Technical Marketing Engineer 1288003
Location:Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
We are looking for a Technical Marketing Engineer to evangelize hardware products and software technologies to meet aggressive business targets and drive product direction in close-collaboration with product managers. You should be curious and eager to learn with little assistance and use your findings and deductions to provide valuable inputs to Engineering and the overall TME organization. Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate and present switching products and features to sales teams, customers and partners at internal and external events, conferences, EBCs, etc.
- Build Documents and Presentations with technical details for the products and technologies
- Provide technical guidance and support to the Sales teams and enable them to successfully sell our products
- Conduct labs and demos showcasing benefits of the technology
- Work with Engineering teams to provide feedback and drive technical requirements for future roadmaps
- Work on Hardware platforms and architectures including future ASICs
- Work with orchestration technologies using DevOps such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Containers
- Work on Analytics and telemetry tools
- Work on Automation and Programmability with NETCONF and YANG
- Work with automation or cloud software to enable next generation network design and network architectures
- Develop automated methods to manage the network and optimize our customer's user experience
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of IBNG (Intent Based Networking Group). You will work closely with Product Managers, Software Engineering and Hardware Engineering teams within IBNG. You will also work with teams across the other organizations in Security, Management, and other groups. As a TME you will spend a lot of time working with the sales and account teams.
Who You Are
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- In-depth understanding of networking technologies and computer networks is mandatory
- CCIE or other Cisco certification is desired
- Understanding of Campus Networks and Campus External connectivity is desirable
- Understanding of Hardware platform architecture and ASIC Architecture is highly desirable
- Understand the new speed and feed landscape, Multigigabit/25G/100G/400G
- Understand the hardware architectures for switches and have worked on Modular and/or fixed platforms
- Expertise in a few areas of Campus Networking is desirable (e.g. Multicast, MPLS, SR, QoS, NetFlow, Security, High Availability, etc.)
- Must demonstrate confidence in architecture, engineering, operations, and security discussions
- Proven ability to understand complex and in-depth level technical situations, related business challenges, and be able to communicate strategies for effective solutions
- Understanding of Ethernet standards and latest networking trends is desirable
- Knowledge of optimizing network virtualization and multi-tenant infrastructure
- DevOps Programming and scripting experience in Python and Linux
- Familiarity with cloud is preferable
- Domestic / International Travel required ~25%
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.