Technical Leader (Full remote in Ireland)
Alternate Locationanywhere in Ireland
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
About the Role
We are looking for innovative and passionate software engineers with a strong interest and committed to building high quality, low latency, high performance systems. You will be responsible for design, architecture and delivery of features with highest quality following the industry leading software development practices.
* Translate high level requirements into actionable tasks/deliverables
* Design, build, improve and maintain high performance and highly scalable services
* Collaborate with architects, product management and other engineering teams to create solutions that increase value
* Lead the technical design, vision and implementation strategy for services and components for the team
* Contribute to and promote good software engineering practices across the team
* Be a technical leader with the ability and desire to mentor other members of the team
* Know the latest development best practices and share your findings with the team
* Work in an agile, DevOps-oriented culture with a focus on maintaining operational excellence while delivering with high velocity.
* Build high-quality, robust features; own development for features of medium to large complexity.
* Provide accountability and ownership for all task assignments.
* 8+ yrs of experience predominantly in Java, considerations will be taken for combination experience in other JVM languages.
* Have an extensive architectural design experience
* Solid programming background in an object-oriented development and Design Patterns.
* Understanding of threads, synchronization, locks, concurrent programming and load balancing
* Experience building a high performance, horizontally scalable, low latency service using the latest technologies
* Excellent grasp of distributed systems and micro services
* Strong problem solving and debugging skills and direct experience with DevOps in a SaaS environment including monitoring, alerting and distributed tracing
* You will need a deep understanding of modern cloud technologies and design patterns for building "always-up" services
* Evaluating and leveraging new technologies in the product architecture.
* Built products from the ground up and are able to communicate in greater detail
* Collaborate with Quality Assurance and Operations teams to deliver and deploy high quality software on time
* Passionate about producing the best quality software and sharing your enthusiasm
* You are independent, but you can collaborate with others, and enjoy mentoring other engineers.
* You can communicate effectively and frequently present your ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Have a good sense of organization to set expectations and keep working on a timeline, with the ability to document, communicate and justify all technology decisions and directions
* Understanding and experience of Kubernetes workings is a plus
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.