Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Cisco Webex is the World's #1 business collaboration and customer engagement platform. It is used across all industries in the world being used to support governments, business, education, and more including use by 85% of Fortune 500 business. Cisco is the clear market leader in cognitive collaboration for unified communication and contact centers with People Insights, Webex Assistant, Webex Experience Management and now BabbleLabs noise cancelation. These technologies are being integrated into Webex calling, meetings, messaging, team collaboration and contact center.
Webex is built on a very modern SaaS platform with a strong culture of DevOps that operates worldwide with engineers in locations such as the US, EU, China, and India. The platform is used by 100s of millions of people around the world, and we’re looking to build a team that can expand its reach to other powerful use cases that developers can integrate into their applications and services.
The Webex Platform team is looking for a strong technical leader to craft and architect our next generation collaboration technologies. We are looking for a passionate leader in user experience, infrastructure, and/or modern tools supporting applications for web platform. In this role, you will contribute in design and development of new product features, product releases and quality for our industry leading Webex applications that are used by millions every day to keep the world connected.
As a Frontend Technical Leader at Webex, you will help us scale for our continued growth as a game-changing, industry-defining company shaping the future of work. You will be working to keep our software technology aligned with the business’s strategic vision and will work across multiple engineering teams to ensure the development of maintainable and scalable products.
Who You’ll Work With
You will work directly with Principal Engineers and Product Managers owning the full-cycle of technical solutions across Webex products to build a robust unified technical vision and toolset. You will work with the Widgets Engineering team to find, analyze, anticipate future technical challenges with their projects or products. You will build engineering research groups and facilitate work in them to collaboratively design solutions to those challenges. You will work in an entirely distributed company and help define an entirely new space while learning about how an organization scales on a hyper-growth trajectory.
- Design and extend features of Webex via Widgets for web
- Lead the research and architecture on frontend topics, experiment with new technologies, provide recommendations to ensure performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Make software design (application-level) decisions with the team, take software architecture topics for further consideration and unification.
- Lead implementation of technical and infrastructure initiatives to support architecture decisions.
- Detail out and refine higher-level architecture decisions into a lower-level design.
- Consult the engineering team with ongoing projects. Help them align solutions with the Webex architecture vision and industry best practices.
- Review work of team to ensure that the architecture decisions are being executed and the team is following coding standards and architecture guidelines.
- Communicate the vision to the engineering team.
- Build and lead research groups of senior and junior engineers to define and decide development technology and platform, define development standards, tools, processes, etc.
- Ensure technical knowledge sharing between development teams on related or similar projects.
- Proactively identify technical debt and product areas that require attention or improvement at the architecture level.
- Constantly develop yourself and the team in technology advancements, research new approaches, tools and best practices in the software architecture and design space.
- Suggest improvements to our technology stack to optimize it for strategic growth and the competitive advantage of Webex.
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- Experience in Node.js, Express.js
- In-depth understanding of front architectures and design patterns such as MV-VM, Observer, Decorator, Facade, etc.
- Solid OOPS concepts and ability to represent high-level architecture as well as implementation design using sequence diagrams, etc.
- Exposure to various Auth scenarios – OAuth, JWT, certificate based, PKCE, etc.
- Exposure to designing Widgets and SDKs a huge plus
- Knowledge of releasing monthly builds of clients and SDK products via automated pipelines like Jenkins
- Specialist in Git-based repository management
- Hands-on knowledge of advanced data structures and design patterns a must
- Specialist in building automated test cases and ensure maximum code coverage
- Specialist in performance testing and optimization for space, memory, and speed
- Experience building VoIP calling, video, and real-time applications a plus
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco