Technical Leader, Webex Teams
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Technical Leader, Webex Teams
How do you connect with people every day? Do you chat? Video calls? Meetings? Have you ever had trouble connecting to audio, or video from a meeting room? Have you had a hard time coordinating with your team around a common goal or initiative?
We all need to connect with people to get our work done. We are uniquely positioned to make it amazing across hardware and software with a leading market position in meetings. Our next goal is to redefine how people work where communication is at the core of all productive collaboration.
What You’ll Do
As a Technical Leader, you will be part of a world-class software engineering team that
works on various ground-breaking technologies in Webex. You will guide a multi-functional team of engineers to design and develop software for collaboration technologies. You will serve as a critical issue point for features owned, and dedicatedly participate in customer issues and calls. You will innovate with the engineering team across products, on quality and process. You will help to hire the best and improve team productivity. You will participate in defining team strategy, technical investments, code reviews, unit tests, and automation.
- · Extremely motivated Technical Leader and passionate about learning and contributing to the team and the business with "can do" attitude.
- · Strong experience in Web technologies such as Angular, React, NodeJS, and Containers.
- · Strong experience in microservices, desktop and mobile application architectures.
- · Extremely strong system design and architecture of multi-tier, web-based applications
- · Dedication to Quality: Ability to ensure and commit to a higher standard of quality than usual in the face of time to market pressures.
- · Typically requires Masters in CS with 8+ years of related experience or 12+ years of experience
- · Strong understanding of networking fundamentals and protocols
- · Strong experience in these areas: HTML, CSS, Angular or React, NodeJS or Java/Tomcat.
- · Experience in iOS, Android, C++ and desktop application development.
- · Strong passion and experience in troubleshooting, debugging complex systems and possess excellent problem-solving techniques
- · Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work multi-functionally
· Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, good teammate
· You should be able to own large portions of the software from a technical perspective
· Handle multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial mentorship.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong team building skills. This role requires the ability to work across departments and with other teams
· Be open to continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement.
· Initiate and participate in organizational efforts to improve overall group productivity and test effectiveness. Contribute to overall test strategies
· We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
· We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records