Technical Leader - Solution Validation Services
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Software Development, Testing
Who You'll Work With
Solution Validation Services, as part of Cisco Customer Experience supports our clients and end users with unusual validation of scaled pre deployment or network migration services. Tailored towards new technologies such as ACI / SDA, NFV, Cloud, SD WAN, IoE / IoT, Cisco’s Investment in SVS labs globally provides a platform for ranged validation of such technologies. Building industry recognition for quality and transforming our clients network deployment experience while giving a rewarding environment to both learn and grow new skills.
What You'll Do
You will join an organization of Technical Leaders, Test Managers and Test Engineers to support validation for large projects across our EMEAR region.
You’ll need to be ready to lead validation deliverables with end customers, sales, services, and development engineering across multiple projects. You will need to understand and implement complex designs and configurations into validation requirements and testbeds, supporting junior test engineers in their delivery activities. Ultimately, you’ll lead that responsibility to build that client confidence to deploy Cisco solutions.
This role will require you to:
- Lead teams of creative employees to perform test and validation activities to a set standard
- You will improve detailed discussions to accurately collect validation requirements and document detailed test plans with test cases from these requirements
- You will also improve the design, build and configuration, of test bed topologies
- You have deep knowledge of configuring and using standard & proprietary traffic generation tools
- You will drive the troubleshooting of issues and drive them to resolution.
- You will compile and present detailed client reports for test results
- Drive initiatives with the leadership team on innovation and best practices
- Support engineers in validation best practices and Cisco technology
Who you are
- You have minimum CCIE level, ideally DC and/or SP
- 5 year’s experience in testing/validation
- You are passionate about scripting for building automated test cases and reporting
- You have experience in both Waterfall and Agile test processes
- You have incredible customer facing skills
- Project management skills are a favour
- You have a deep knowledge of the following technologies
- Security (Access control, Posture, Encryption Cyber, DDoS)
- Cisco SDN technologies NFV, ACI, SDA, SD-WAN
- Scripting (Python)
- Test tools knowledge(Ixia / Spirent)
- Fluent both German and English (in speaking and writing) is a must
- Germany Security cleared or willingness to do so.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!