Technical Leader Software Engineering
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
Cisco is leading the way in developing open source NOS based products for its web customers. We are looking for a candidate with L2/L3 forwarding/features experience, preferably who has been involved in SONIC (Software open Networking in Cloud) based software development.
"What You Will do"
● Design, develop and lead software modules for Sonic based Platforms.
● Develop automated tests in Python/C for software validation and sustenance
● Code/design reviews and mentor.
● Deliver detailed functional and design specifications of the software.
● Work on L2/L3 forwarding/feature development and sustenance
"Who You Are"
● 10+ years of work experience in embedded software validation with 3 - 5 years lead experience
● Solid experience in developing operating systems internals and infrastructure
● Strong "C" and multithread programming.
● MS/BS degree in CS/EE/CE or technical equivalent.
● Good understanding of concepts in an operating system, Inter-process communication.
● Experience in L2/L3 forwarding/feature development.
● Python, Perl or shell scripting experience.
● Experience in SONIC (Software open Networking in Cloud) based software development is a plus
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.