Technical Leader Software Engineering- Software Engineer- Cloud native Architecture, Microservices - 10+ years of Exp
Area of InterestInformation Technology
"We in Cisco IT are going through a major transformation towards automated services that reduce manual effort for the lifecycle of the infrastructure service. Focus is on building CI/CD pipelines, programmability through well defined APIs, and support of Day 1 and Day 2 operations. To support this transformation, we are looking for an experienced and hardworking individual to help build out this team by establishing industry standard software development guidelines, development tools, and repeatable pattern libraries.
- Architect, design, test and deliver system software to satisfy automation requirements
- Work with various multi-functional groups such as product management, other development teams, QA, and documentation
- Participate in technical discussions and provide innovation to the automation effort
- 10+ years of experience in software design, and application development
- 2 -5 years of experience developing applications based on microservice architecture and API development
- Strong background in Software Design and Architecture and complete Agile development life cycle
- Requires hands on experience with crafting a microservice based architecture, container deployments and management tools like kubernetes, docker, etc.
- Experience developing in a CI/CD, Devops model with full knowledge of Jenkins, GIT, is required
- Hands on development experience with multiple languages, especially, Java, Python, GoLang is a Must.
- Experience with various persistence technologies like Cassandra, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, as well as MySQL is highly desirable.
- Possess strong ability to seek sophisticated problems creatively
- Possess excellent verbal and writing skills
- Must be a phenomenal teammate and work well in small and large group environments
- Must be highly driven and motivated with high level of initiative"
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact.
You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
Imagine a more secure and smarter world with unlimited bandwidth. If you want to be part of a company that is making that vision a reality, Cisco is the place to be. At Cisco, we continue to develop products that change how we live and communicate, how enterprises run intent based networks, and how Data Centers run faster with more efficiency, capacity and scalability than ever before, enabling our ecosystem to be smarter. The network of tomorrow will allow for content and creativity limited only by the imaginations of its users.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
@Cisco #CiscoJobs #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.