Technical Leader, Software Engineering – EVPN Fabric Application
Location:Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Who You'll Work With
The EVPN fabric application team provides the solution for customers to easily deploy and manage their network using EVPN fabric. The team drives a complete solution from provision to reporting and troubleshooting of EVPN fabrics, across Enterprise and Data Center networks. The team is made of a group of EVPN and automation passionate engineers with diversity of skill sets from routing protocols to GUI.
What You'll Do
Cisco is seeking a motivated software engineer with strong background in software architecture, design and implement of Full Stack solutions. You will be responsible for innovation and delivery of automation application for EVPN fabrics. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with strong technical skills to put their abilities to work in an exciting growth environment.
Role & Responsibilities
- Innovate, Architect, Design and Implement software to enable customers to easily manage their EVPN fabric.
- Work with customer and teams across the organization to define and implement the application
- Work on and integrate with Cisco DNAC software stack
- Design application, that works seamlessly on small and large scale networks
Qualification and Desired Skills:
- Strong background with Full Stack development. Experience with User Interfaces, Database, and Backend development
- Programming experience in Java and Python is highly desired.
- Experience with working with controller/NMS/SDN systems would be a plus
- Experience working with Cisco DNAC would be a big a plus
- Experience with Programmability technologies and protocols, such as NETCONF, YANG, XML is highly desired
- Good knowledge of SNMP and CLI
- Must have worked on software development for products, with emphasis on writing scalable code for embedded networking products
- Understanding of networking fundamentals and protocols
- Solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms software engineering, and embedded programming techniques
- Creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Typically requires MSEE/CS combined plus 10+ years of related experience. Experience with equivalent sized organizations (Fortune 500) is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS/BS in CS/CE or equivalent
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.