Technical Leader Software Development – System Architect
Location:South Netanya, Hamerkaz, Israel
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
We are looking for a forward-looking Software Development Technical Leader and system architect to be part of our team, developing innovative applications/endpoints traffic visibility and analytics system for Cisco Enterprise Networking and Security solutions.
The role includes research and design of advanced systems as well as API definition and software development for proof of concepts and products.
We are developing both the network data-plane and control-plane software as well as the backend system hosted in the Cloud.
This is a great opportunity to lead and define systems that touch an endless number of users worldwide.
Be part of the Cisco organization that is driving the evolution and expansion into new technology areas and market segments.
Who You Are
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• Experience in leading complex systems definition and software architecture
• At least 10 years’ experience in software engineering and development in C/C++/Java
• At least 5 years’ experience in Networking or Security products development
• Technical leadership and mentoring abilities
• Ability to interact with cross functional and cross geo technical teams for system architecture
• Ability to study and deep dive into new material quickly and independently
• Excellent English documentation and communication skills
- Experience in AWS/Cloud delivered systems or SaaS product development
- Experience in network security & access control, endpoints visibility and anomaly detection
- Experience in network traffic analytics
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working at the Applications Visibility and Control team, affecting millions of users.
The team drives Applications and Endpoints classification, and Visibility technology embedded in the Cisco Enterprise Networking portfolio and solutions.
The team has a unique expertise in the field of network traffic analytics, specifically in use-cases related to applications and endpoints visibility, application experience and security.
The technology includes a full SW stack across the Network infrastructure, Network Controller and Cloud services.
On the Engineering front, the team leverages cloud telemetry and analytics tools alongside with real time, network infrastructure.
The team works agile with CI/CD best practices, quality and customer focus.
You will collaborate with peer technical leads across Cisco, as well as analysts and development engineers all working to unlock the value hidden in our unique datasets to provide a new way to build and operate networks and applications.