Technical Leader Signal and Power Integrity | Exp 10 -15yrs
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
At Cisco, Bangalore, the Common Hardware Group (CHG) architects, designs, builds and delivers world class Access, Edge, Aggregation and Core routers that cater to the growing bandwidth demands of leading service providers and large enterprises.
As Technical Leader of Signal and Power Integrity in this team of exceptional engineers from diverse backgrounds, you will:
- Be responsible for delivering system level signal integrity solutions for large complex high-speed systems, boards & packages.
- - Develop SI rules, review design implementation, create test plans, document characterization & measurement reports
- - Improve & optimize design margins through interconnect, timing and crosstalk analysis, 3D EM & channel simulations for high-speed designs
- - Design & characterize test structures & channel models to correlate simulations with measurements for Serdes and interconnects
- - Collaborate with cross-functional teams - HW, PCB Layout, SW, MFG, ASIC
- - Be responsible for electrical characterization and verification of Transmitter/Receiver SERDES settings to meet the industry standards and internal Cisco requirements.
- What we ask of you:
- - Expertise in EM and transmission line concepts, timing, jitter, crosstalk, noise, channel modelling, channel equalizations techniques, power delivery & decoupling
- - Experience with 112G, 56G PAM4, 25G & 10G NRZ Serdes technologies and DDR - simulation, bring up, debug, measurements, and optimization
- - Thorough working knowledge of PCB stack up design - best practices, performance vis-à-vis PCB materials, surface finishes, vendor capabilities and manufacturing trade-offs.
- - Exposure to lab measurements including real time scope, sampling scope, Spectrum analyzer, VNA & TDR
- - Proficiency with simulation and analysis tools like ADS, HFSS, HSPICE, Sisoft QSI, QCD, Cadence Allegro, PowerSI, MATLAB, Hyperlynx
- - Ability to interpret JEDEC, PCI-SIG, IEEE,OIF and ITU standards
- - Thorough team player mentality with desire to share knowledge and best practices, mentor
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and capability to presenting concepts, analysis and updates to larger teams and forums
- - Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering,
- 10+ years of experience in hardware design with emphasis on Signal and Power Integrity
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.