Technical Leader (SaaS Excellence)
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You’ll Do
Cisco is searching for a results-oriented Platform / Cloud Native Services Automation Engineer, a hands-on developer to join our Customer Experience Service Excellence group in San Jose.
In this role, you will:
· Support the group in delivering high-quality platform / application / cloud native services monitoring automation, workflow orchestration and remediation automation.
· Develop cross-functional relationships across Product Management, Architecture, Engineering, Operations and IT teams at Cisco in order to synthesize requirements and shape our Service Excellence and Continual Service Improvement roadmap.
· Architect, design and implement technology prototypes / pilots and showcase the outcomes to the stakeholders to gain confidence.
· Provide technical oversight for automation projects, tools, and infrastructure
· Lead software projects and mentor junior engineers, with an aptitude for problem solving
Who You’ll Work With
You will be part of the Service Excellence under Service Assurance team responsible for building a robust proactive monitoring and service management stack. Our team designs and develops next generation proactive monitoring stack across cloud and hosted platforms.
Who You Are
At a minimum, we expect you to have 10+ years of experience in software development/automation, professional services, or consulting in Platform Automation, Development, Integration for large enterprises. A BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering , or related field would also be expected.
You would have:
- Significant expertise with distributed systems, ideally in a cloud environment
- Strong experience with Kubernetes and container technologies
- Must have Development/integration/implementation expertise in Appdynamics Monitoring Implementation
- Strong experience with Docker and Ansible, exposure to automation tooling (chef/puppet/salt/etc)
- Very strong understanding of cloud technologies – has deployed more than one solution on the cloud
- Experienced with modern cloud-based software tools and approaches (Git, CI/CD, automated testing)
- Experience in Agile environments – both scrum and Kanban
- Able to contribute beyond just coding (code reviews, demos, proof of concept solutions)
- Understand requirements and objectives, articulate and formulate Solution Designs
- Expert understanding of Kubernetes internals (clustering, scheduling, controllers, API server, etc.)
- Very good software programming skills using Python
- Excellent understanding of microservices architecture
- Experience with Kubernetes monitoring tools (Prometheus)
- Previous experience developing and supporting API's required
- Cloud, AWS or Micro-services platform experience
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
· We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
· We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
· We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Analytics, Big Data, Enterprise, Full Stack Development, Hadoop, Machine Learning, System Architecture