Technical Leader - SP/ IP Routing
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You'll Do
- You will be part of the Technical services teams focused on Service provider Technologies, primarily Focusing on supporting IP routing technologies.
- Working with customer in critical issue resolution. As a critical issue resource you will working with critical & complex installations of the global Service providers helping them to derive their Business Outcomes.
- Work on groundbreaking technology across Technologies and introduce products and services time to time. You would be the champion within the support services to incubate new technology, you will partner with the Product management / Engineering and ensure the Team’s readiness to support these new technologies
- As a Technical leader you will work with forward-thinking and ambitious talent pool to mentor and coach them to ensure adequate pipeline of Subject matter guides or possible future Technical leaders
- At Cisco we continuously grow with Re-inventing ourselves to the changing needs of the technology and customer requirements. We have various Global initiatives around Digitization, Automation, innovation, Serviceability, etc. You will have the opportunity to work with some of our greatest Technical Talent within CISCO globally and give in building the next generation customer experience.
- In ensuring our Customer Success it is very important that we are tightly aligned to our Product Management and Engineering teams. As a TL you would be champion within the Product Management and Engineering teams to represent the Customer in resolving issues that you have analyzed on the ground and look at enhancing the products to eliminate or reduce the effect of such issues.
Who You’ll Work With
CX is a team of extraordinary technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver premier customer experience. We help take on the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and dedication. Our success is validated through extraordinary financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
The XR Routing team works on complex issues with some of Cisco's top customers. It's a superb opportunity to master the latest technologies and products. On this team, you will get the opportunity to work in an unusually diverse and socially responsible environment with one of the most creative companies in the high-tech industry. Grow your skills in a dynamic, team oriented environment and join some of the industry's brightest minds in deploying and supporting today's most advanced Internet technologies. This role will offer extensive opportunity to develop you technical and leadership skills.
Who You Are:
- A strong Technically Focused engineer with a Flair for Problem resolution and a Strong exposure to Large Service Provider network environment on next gen routing
- Looking for a challenging assignment with Customer Success at the Core of your through process.
- Apply analytical skills and technical knowledge to tackle product and software problems of moderate to high complexity.
- Guide and provides support on a worldwide basis. Provides technology/product training and intellectual property material as required, including mentoring to other engineers.
- Interacts across TAC (Technical Assistance Center) teams, Cisco Sales and Professional Services, Development & Engineering teams.
- Participate in business, process, tool and technology innovation initiatives
- Exposure to product life cycle and tools
- Programming experience in C, TCL, Perl, Python, Linux is desirable
- Experience with standardization such as working in IETF would be a bonus.
- Minimum 10-12 years’ experience supporting Service Provider networks, including strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, shown crisis management skills and ability to handle critical customer issues/problems
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience in a NOC, TAC environment is good to have
- CCDE preferable, CCIE level knowledge is a requirement
- Cisco certification is a plus (CCIE R&S / SP etc), but not mandatory.
- Well-versed with networking tools such as traffic generators (e.g lxia), sniffers et al.
- A good teammate, provide guidance to other members by resolving methods and procedures on new assignments, mentoring more junior engineers and promoting/soliciting ideas within TAC team
- Networking Technologies: IPv4/v6, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, Multicast, EVPN, Segment-Routing
- Cisco Platforms: Cisco routers like ASR9k, NCS5500, CRS, 7600, ASR903, ASR1k.
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.