Technical Leader- QA Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Software Development, Testing
What You'll Do
The Insieme Business Unit at Cisco provides next generation data center and cloud management solutions with its Application Centric Hybrid Cloud Management platform, Cisco CloudCenter. Lead by the some of industry’s legendry engineers, the Insieme business unit is uniquely positioned to transform the datacenter and cloud deployment landscape by adopting an application centric policy driven approach whereby the compute, storage and networking needs of applications drive the underlying infrastructure.
Who You'll Work With
We believe in making the cloud all about the application, not infrastructure and is it this vision that drove us to build our award winning CloudCenter hybrid cloud management platform. Cisco CloudCenter (previously CliQr CloudCenter), is an Applicatiion-Defined Management platform that securely provisions infrastructure resources and deploys application components and data across more than 15 datacenter, private and public cloud environments. Cisco’s CloudCenter team is made up of very talented architects and engineers who are passionate about building industry’s leading cloud management platform. We believe that innovation is the key ingredient for success of any engineering team and constantly encourage our engineers towards adopting the latest trends in software industry, research the latest technologies and tools and in the process accelerate their learning and personal growth.
Who You Are
You are a proven engineer that is looking for challenges that will catapult you to the next level and a team that provides an environment for you to thrive
- You have the ability to proficiently code in any one of the scripting languages such as python, TCL or Perl and also very strong in manual testing.
- You have deep understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 technologies with strong knowledge on networking protocols.
- Problem solving skills in the realm of Layer 2 to Layer 7.
- Have campus Qos/Voice Experience .
- A background with one or more of following areas is a plus : Virtualization, Open flow, Cloud technologies, Intelligent network Services and Large data center Automation/Experience
- Bachelor's/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- At-least 8+ years of experience as a Test engineer testing software or networking product/solution.
BSCS, MS preferred
Python, TCL, Perl, L2/L3 testing, manual testing
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco