Technical Leader, Network Management DevOps/DNS/DHCP
Location:Feltham, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
"Technical Leader, Network Management DevOps/DNS/DHCP
Who We Are:
The Network Management team is a core part of Cisco's Network Services team, delivering development and infrastructure support for a wide range of critical applications, including Cisco's internal DNS, DHCP and IPAM applications. We have a strong focus on bringing DevOps technology and process to bear in automating deployment and management of our Network Services systems. In addition, we actively develop, improve and re-factor a number of internally developed applications that provide critical services for Cisco's network.
What You'll Do:
We are looking for a DevOps Technical Leader who has strong experience with both DNS/DHCP infrastructure and automation. You will have technical responsibility for Cisco's internal DNS and DHCP environment and the development and support of the automations which power it. You will lead forward looking efforts to architect, improve and modernize the environment. In addition, you will have influence into and the ability to contribute to development in other critical areas such as IP address management. You will provide technical leadership and mentorship to more junior staff within your areas of expertise.
Who You Are:
A seasoned DevOps automation engineer and technical leader with a strong background in networking with exposure to DNS and DHCP at enterprise scale. Excellent communicator, comfortable crafting a message and interacting with senior leadership. Significant demonstrated experience in automating systems, comfortable with scripting using Python and exposure to PERL.
• 12+ years experience in a large enterprise network services organization
• Deep understanding of DNS architecture, exposure to BIND DNS
• Understanding of DHCP architecture and planning
• Experience architecting and leading the implementation of complex network services solutions
• Demonstrated track record of developing automation solutions and ability to understand and maintain previously developed automations
• Willingness to take the lead in areas of expertise and develop others
• Strong hands-on competency in Python, ability to read and troubleshoot PERL
• Understanding of modern development practices such as CI/CD and microservices architectures
• Strong hands-on experience with containers and automation frameworks
• Willingness to provide occasional on-call support as needed
• Exposure to public cloud a plus
• Degree in a STEM discipline preferred
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all. We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.) Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!"