Technical Leader - Multicast Routing protocols
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
• Who You'll Work With
• The Cisco NeXT team is responsible for building successful outcomes for our customers by producing consistent end-to-end architectures, solutions, software technologies and tools. The software and technologies we build covers products that span across all of Cisco’s core routing and switching platforms, powering the world’s largest networks. This position offers an excellent opportunity for you to make an impact in the networking industry, learn and for us to learn from you. Come join us if you want to be a part of a team that gets things done and has fun in the process!”
• Who you are
• You're Software engineer and you'll get involved in design, development of customized networking environment for some key system software. You'll be part of a diverse team responsible for delivering quality code for large sophisticated systems requirements. Open communications, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success are the foundations of the team with "pay for performance" culture. Thus, you set your own limits for learning, achievements and rewards.
• What you'll do
• You'll Define, architect, design, and deliver new software and features for all of Cisco's Routing Products. Team of excellent design methodologies using finite state machines and various in-house tools/libraries. Work also involves providing constant feedback to hardware and software teams for improvements. Write complete functional and design specs independently. Write portions of product spec. Lead development of subsystems. Design & Develop large portions of software independently and swiftly.
• Proficient in C programming.
• Experience with software algorithms and data-structures that are used to build scalable and efficient systems.
• In-depth experience crafting networking systems with knowledge of routing infrastructure or LAN/WAN protocols.
• Experience in design and development in any of the Unicast/Multicast routing protocols, MPLS signaling protocols, TCP/IP applications.
• Hands on experience on switch/router hardware/software embedded system environment (optional)
• Strong problem solving and software development/troubleshooting skills.
• Knowledge in crafting software with multi-threading, event handling and state machines
• Good knowledge on modern operating system design such as multitasking, kernels, filesystems, etc.
• Possess creative analytical skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
• Experience in establishing and sustaining excellent relationships with the extended teams
• Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
• MSEE/CS or BSEE/CS with 2+ years of related experience is required.
• Why Cisco
• #WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all. We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.) Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward. So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!