Technical Leader I - Networking protocols L2, L3 & Cloud
Location:Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Additional Location(s)Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
What You'll Do
Our team develops Network Software stack for Routing protocols, Manageability protocols and solutions interacting closely with Core OS and System and works in close collaboration with Platform development teams to enable the Software stack on the existing and future platforms.
This team leads the charter on common software for Routing protocols like OSPFv2/v3, EIGRP, RIP, HSRP, VRRPv2/v3, GLBP, manageability protocols including OAM, BFD, SLA and routing infrastructure RPM, PBR, Tunnel. Common software so developed spans across products in Service Providers, Enterprise and Data centers. In addition, team works on technologies including virtualization infra, Application hosting and Serviceability infrastructure software. Team also works on emerging technologies in data models, telemetry integration and routing innovations like Segment routing and Mobile-IP.
Who You'll Work With
The Core Software Group (CSG) Platform Independent (PI) group is responsible for driving the PI software that works across Cisco's flagship routers and switches. We craft and develop high-performance system software for various Cisco Platforms which includes Enterprise Switching & Routers, Datacenter Switches, and Service Provider Routing Platforms.
Who You Are
We require creative and smart-working engineers with experience in developing high-quality networking products on schedule, with strong communication and collaboration skills, and a passion for innovation. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing new features, as well as maintaining existing features and areas.
· 11+ years relevant experience in internetworking technologies and applications.
- Good experience in developing s/w in C, under multi-threaded environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Sound fundamentals in Data Structures, Operating Systems and Data Networking fundamentals
- Exposure to Data Center technologies.
- Exposure to development of large/complex network devices including routing & switching systems.
- Experience in development of Layer 2 (Ethernet) and/or Layer 3 Networking protocols including Routing, IPV4/6 (unicast/multicast)
- Experience in building networking software for Cloud infrastructure
- Expertise in working with Linux kernel/OS
- Built and committed software for Open Source in Linux Kernel/OS/System software
- Experience in Linux Containers, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in building virtual network infrastructure, including deployment in AWS/Azure
- Expertise in developing software for complex multi-threaded real time systems
- Experience in any Cisco OS – XR, XE or NXOS would be a plus
- Good hands on implementation experience with one or more of the following:
RTOS Internals, High Availability, IPC, Memory management, Distributed communications Infrastructure, Serviceability, Linux, Containers, Virtualization
- Ability to build and work on Solutions Independently in fast paced Environment.
- Demonstrable ability to work with technical interfaces in multi-location, across business units.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must utilize these skills to communicate optimally across all groups in the organization.
- Willing to work with and excel in teams spanning geographies and physical boundaries.
- Ability to set lead, mentor, provide technical leadership, architect design and solutions and influence multi-functional team members
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Typically requires BSEE/CS or MS/CS or equivalent with 11-13+ years relevant experience in internetworking technologies and applications.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with self drive personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.