Technical Leader Hardware Engineering
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
WHAT YOU WILL DO
In this highly viable role as a Technical Lead Hardware Engineer;
- Lead system design on computing system products
- Prioritize and translate high level requirements into actionable milestones
- You will drive product from concept to production
- Participate in all stages of architecture, design, validation and support of computing system products
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables including specifications and test plans
- Hands-on engineering efforts for system bring up and validation in the lab
- Interact, lead and address challenging technical problems with multi-functional teams
- Act as technical liaison to key suppliers for the product and technical perspectives
- Lead decision making to resolve technical tradeoff, operational and business considerations
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
UCS Servers / Hardware Engineering Servers
The Computing Systems Products Group, through The Unified Computing Systems creative architecture, helps to enable the fully unified data center. We architect the next generation unified computing systems, including compute, storage, network, visualization and management into a single platform. The team designs, implements, and delivers Computer industry leading computing system products. You will be part of the dynamic and passionate team working on exciting projects.
WHO YOU ARE & DESIRED SKILLS
- Have a minimum of 10+ years of experience with BSEE, MSEE, or BS Computer Science
- Experience with Compute Servers, Storage Appliance, Network Switches and PCIe Adapters.
- Demonstrated experience working with ODMs and overseas cross functional teams
- Current and/or prior experience with Intel x86 products desired. AMD EPYC product experience is a plus.
- Familiar with design tools including Cadence Concept, and Allegro
- Familiar with highspeed serial interfaces such as PCIe, Ethernet and Fiber Channel
- Familiar with memory and DDR protocols
- Experience with high-speed (>=25G) system design, signal integrity issues, and power distribution techniques
- Experience with lab bring up and design validation
- Ability to collaborate with other disciplines, including software, BIOS, BMC, Diagnostics and SQA
- Demonstrated experience with shipping products.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Prior experience leading programs is highly desirable
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco