Technical Leader Enterprise Routing
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You'll Do
As a Technical Leader in the CX Center support services, the primary responsibilities include supporting LAN switching in the following areas
- Customer problem resolution: Active participation in customer partner concerns – RRR, CAP cases. Assist the team in solving complex network issues
- Talent development: Mentor and coach engineers to develop into SME and future technical leaders
- Content development: IC digitization, content creation – videos, articles
- Drive innovation and automation across TAC processes, tools,
- Extensive engagement and building a positive relationship with Engineering for ongoing product issues, CER, EFT etc.
Who You’ll Work With
CX is a team of exceptional technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver best-in-class customer experience. We help tackle the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and dedication. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
The LAN Switching team works on complex issues with some of Cisco's top customers. It's a superb opportunity to master the latest technology and products, while working with a technically team with varied strengths. Grow your skills in a dynamic, team oriented environment and join some of the industry's brightest minds in deploying and supporting today's most advanced Internet technologies.
Who You Are
- Strong exposure to Large Enterprise network environment on next gen routing
- Expertise in LAN, WAN technologies
- Network Operating System experience, preferably IOS or IOS-XE/ IOX-XR
- Exposure to product life cycle and tools
- Customer experience: Reproduction and debugging of customer issues, handling of field queries
- Ability to work with a multi-functional and geographically team with dynamic strengths is expected.
- Experience in Linux, CPU architectures, virtualization and Linux device drivers is a plus
- Solve problems creatively and multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Programming experience in C, TCL, Python, Linux, Cisco IOS is desirable
- Experience with standardization such as working in IETF would be a bonus.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 10-12 years’ experience supporting enterprise networks and/or large data center environment
- Experience in a NOC, TAC environment is good to have
- Prior experience in implementation and configuration of layer2/layer3 routing and switching on Cisco IOS or Data Center products.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manners of network hardware, cabling and associated peripherals including Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Proxies, Traffic Managers and other network appliances.
- Hands on, proven experience in one or more of the following technologies: Cisco, HP, Aruba, Brocade, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Bluecoat, Infoblox, Solarwinds, F5
- CCDE preferable, CCIE is a requirement
- Strong Networking and in-depth knowledge in Cisco switching and routing technologies ( CCNP, CCIE level knowledge preferred )
- Thorough knowledge of LAN/WAN designs as well as the support processes surrounding large scale network deployments
- Experienced level knowledge in on OSI model, TCP/IP, IPv4 and working knowledge of IPv6
- Expertise with network configuration, security principles, and maintenance standard methodologies.
- Advanced competence with monitoring tools, techniques, alerting and notification processes.
- Well-versed with networking tools such as traffic generators (e.g lxia), sniffers et al.
- LAN configuration- Vlans, Trunks, Ether-channels, STP, SPAN, RSPAN, inter VLAN routing.
- LAN security- DHCP snooping, dynamic ARP inspection, IP source guard, private VLAN, port security.
- Advanced LAN switching concepts- CEF, QoS on catalyst switches, L2PT, Dot1Q tunneling, VSS.
- Networking Technologies:IPv4/v6, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, PIM, MANET, Frame relay, ATM, Segment routing, Ethernet: GE, 802.1q VLANs, 802.1ad (QinQ)
- Cisco Platforms:Cisco Catalyst series switches
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We Are Cisco.