Technical Leader - Electro Magnetic Compatibility
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestSupply Chain
What You'll Do
Cisco’s Corporate Compliance organization is looking for a Technical Leader for the EMC (Electro Magnetic Compatibility) group. As Technical Leader, you will be responsible for providing expertise and drive towards maintaining and growing the ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation for Cisco’s EMC test laboratories, including specifying equipment and calibration requirements, interpreting standards and implementing test solutions, providing training to Cisco’s EMC test engineers, in order to provide support for the certification process.
The expectation of a Technical Leader at this level is the appropriate application of the following Cisco Leadership Success Factors:
Influence through Applied Knowledge
Influence through Superior People Skills
Commit to Results
Focus on the people and customer
Build Business Partnerships
Long Range Planning
Who You'll Work With
The Cisco Corporate Compliance EMC team's mission is to champion, facilitate and influence worldwide EMC approvals and market access. As EMC Technical Leader, you'll provide the highest level of EMC technical expertise while enabling the relevant business processes to ensure compliance engagement throughout the entire product life cycle. You'll ensure the expedient regulatory assessment of products to facilitate required country certifications aligned with business priorities and sustain accreditations for Cisco's world-class test laboratories. You'll also provide relevant training to EMC test engineers to ensure the necessary competence required by standards such as ISO/IEV 17025:2017. You'll also provide expert guidance to business units and engineering staff to facilitate EMC compliance of Cisco products.
Who You Are
Qualified candidates should possess:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience. MS preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of EMC requirements
- Detailed knowledge of global regulatory and certification requirements for EMC
- 5+ years of progressive technical leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with different audiences (staff to senior executives) and for different purposes (informational to persuasive)
- Demonstrated ability to inform and work with cross-functional teams to a successful outcome regardless of reporting structure and organizational level
- Experience in maintaining relevant areas of the laboratory’s quality management system to ensure compliance with ISO/IEC 17025:2017
- Experience working with external auditors on compliance initiatives, particularly in relation to ISO/IEC 17025:2017
- Experience in interpreting global EMC standards and developing appropriate test solutions (including EU, FCC, ICES, VCCI,, BSMI)
- Experience in targeted EMC environments such as Marine, Railway, SmartGrid, Medical
- Experience in maintenance and update of Technical Construction Files (TCFs)
- Experience in specifying and procuring EMC test instrumentation
- Experience in determining and applying calibration requirements for EMC test instrumentation
- Experience in selection and detailed configuration of commercial test software
- Experience working closely with IT teams and management of test report generation tools
- Experience with and management of chamber calibration to recognized EMC standards
- Experience in provision of training, both in a laboratory and class-based environment
- Experience in management of independent witness program such as Verizon
WE ARE CISCO
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.