Technical Leader Design Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
As Technical Leader your main responsibilities will include
- Participate in and contribute to chip architecture definition and discussions.
- Author design specifications and participate in micro-architecture specification reviews.
- Implement Verilog RTL to meet timing and performance requirements.
- Help define, evolve, and support our design methodology.
- Collaborate with the verification team to address design bugs and close code coverage.
- Triage, debug, and root cause simulation, software bring-up, and customer failures.
- Mentor junior engineers on performing project tasks and problem solving.
- Work closely with physical design team to close design timing and place-and-route issues.
Who You'll Work With
Join the Cisco Silicon One team in developing a unified silicon architecture for web scale and service provider networks. Cisco’s silicon team provides a unique experience for ASIC engineers by combining the resources offered by a large multi-geography with the startup culture and breadth of growth opportunities that working in a smaller ASIC team can provide. At Cisco we connect everything people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals; and we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
Who you are:
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 12+ years of hands-on experience in ASIC design
- Excellent Verilog/System Verilog programming skills.
- Experience with simulators/synthesis/static timing constraints and tools
- Good understanding of verification methodologies and flow
- Strong interactive and waveform debug skills.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently or as a team player
- Experience in block level synthesis, place and route, timing closure is highly desirable..
- Scripting experience (Python, Perl, TCL, shell programming) highly desirable.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.