Technical Leader (Consulting Engineer)
Location:Seoul, Seoul-Teukbyeolsi, Republic Of Korea
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
The Customer Delivery Technical Leader (Consulting Engineer) position is responsible for the support and delivery of best Customer Experience (CX) in the areas of Routing/Switching and Next generation Software-defined Networking technologies (SDA, ACI, etc).
You will lead the responsibility for driving regional CX projects and customer based project initiatives, and will actively lead complex network design, performance engineering or problem resolution projects. You will also solve complex, multi-functional technical issues that cross boundaries over many disparate products technologies, showing the value of our services while being involved in all aspects of services delivery and provide visibility to various customer forums.
- Delivery of Planning, Design, Implementation & Optimization Services to Cisco's major accounts.
- Perform and drive architectural, design and integration engineering for complex network infrastructure solutions.
- Work closely with the Product Account Team and their strategy for account growth-both product and services.
- Provide insight to the customer’s buying strategy and initiatives.
- Align and drive focused work with customer's business strategy and objectives.
- Demonstrate and generate applicable technical, standard methodologies, and white papers, support testing and validation of solutions and software strategies along with configure devices and troubleshoot errors.
- Training and mentoring other engineers will be required.
- Perform architectural planning and design, as well as configuration and integration support within project delivery and ongoing consultative engagements.
- Provide operational support for complex, Enterprise network deployments.
- Identify & document design/architecture best practices for Cisco Services adoption.
- Provide consultative, proactive and/or reactive support for Cisco Business Critical Services.
- Assist in development of business and technical requirement, high-level and low-level design activities, and network implementation planning.
- Assist in configuration and connectivity activities, including test planning and cutover activities.
- Recommends and initiates projects to benefit customers and CX wide objectives.
- Accountable to highest levels of senior management to ensure project commitments and Services deliverables are met.
Who You'll Work With
You will work with other Cisco Consulting Engineers, Project Managers and Local CX Delivery teams to provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer requirements while improving profitability for Korea CX delivery teams.
The CX delivery Team is a team of engineering leaders who focus on providing leading solutions and architectures to customers with cutting edge consulting to insure customer success. Our members work cross-functionally together to deliver business outcomes to our customers, along with the resources to insure personal and professional growth.
We need a creative problem solver who is comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to customers’ demands to deploy and support Cisco’s latest technologies and products.
With a seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, you're well positioned to become a trusted advisor, capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers. You will be expected to continuously enhance your skills and expertise to lead the technology/solution.
Who You Are
- You have BS or equivalent plus 15 - 20 years of relevant experience.
- You have demonstrated consulting skills and customer facing experience which should include working with the Senior Leadership Team where required and other customer teams.
- You have experience in designing & implementing of core enterprise network with deep understanding of multiple routing & switching protocols.
- You have a strong understanding of Campus networking (L2/L3), Software Defined Networking, Data Center virtualization.
- Orchestration and NFV for enterprise application orchestration is highly desirable.
- You have in-depth knowledge of baseline system engineering skills and a good knowledge in WAN, MPLS, WLAN and IPv6.
- You have a good understanding of key technologies and protocols in data networks within the LAN, WAN, Data Center and related security technologies.
- You know how to develop a network from pure manual operation to automate high frequent tasks.
- You understand network management, network availability, and capacity management.
- CCIE R&S or DC is preferred.
- You have a comprehensive understanding of all IP protocols.
- You are willing to travel around 20-30%.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers.
- Strong consulting & client-facing skills to include cross-functional influence, external and internal consulting/partnering.
- Passionate, persuasive, inspiring leader capable of establishing executive interest in Cisco services by articulating the value and business advantage of Cisco’s network migration services.
- A driven individual with the curiosity to learn, work in a fast paced changing environment, evolve continuously to keep pace with the Cisco’s solutions, technologies and industry trends, be an inspiration and trend setters for others.
- High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem solving skills with the ability to convert thoughts to real and pragmatic execution.
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything - people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.