Technical Leader-Cloud System Engineer
Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Alternate LocationRichardson, San Jose
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
Technical Leader -Systems Engineering (Cloud)
You will be a key member within the IT Network Services team. This is a rapidly transforming domain, with a DevOps approach at the center to drive transformation, automation, and simplicity. The position spans across designing, building, deploying and operating our MultiCloud Solution (SCI) & CloudPorts, an innovative, evolving network solution to support our Cloud transformation.
Providing technical leadership and architectural guidance.
Lead the design and implementation of Cloud Solutions for Cisco IT
Establish standards and best practices across multiple teams, applications, and environments and mentor team members in documented Cloud best practices and technique
Collaborate with business and engineering teams to gather cloud requirements and convert them to generate appropriate Cloud architectural standards and documentations.
Define innovative Cloud solutions and architectural frameworks using concepts such as infrastructure-as-code, deployment orchestration, and automation aligned with DevSecOps best practices to empower Cisco Engineering.
Identify potential design, performance, security, and support problems, including ability to identify technical risks/challenges and develop relevant mitigation strategies.
· Practical experience in Designing, Deploying, and Implementing Private, Public and Hybrid Cloud Technologies
· Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale deployments
· Knowledge of the Foundational Cloud Services like AWS services (VPC, EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS & S3)
· GCP (Cloud-Router, Cloud-VPN, Cloud-Functions, Cloud Storage, Cloud Firewall, Cloud DNS, Stack Driver)
· Strong track record of implementing Cloud Infra (AWS, GCP, Azure) services in a variety of distributed computing environments
· AWS & GCP Networking services and constructs (route tables, security groups, internet gateway, virtual gateway, Direct Connect, transit VPC’s, VPC peering, etc)
· Hands-on experience designing and operating Cisco hardware, including Cisco ASR1000 routers, Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco FirePower NGFW’s
· VPN technologies including IPsec, DMVPN, Routing protocols including BGP and VRF
· Automation – Python with working knowledge of Lambda, Cloud Function, Cloud Formation & Terraform
· Experience working in Agile framework in combination with software engineers
· 12+ years of total technology experience with minimum 4+ years on public cloud (preferably AWS,GCP & Azure) in handling large-scale application deployments.
· 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, security etc.).
· Oversight experience on major Cloud transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
· Presentation skills and a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
· Demonstrate a strong understanding of Cloud services, DevSecOps toolsets and platforms including compute, storage, networking, Security, Kubernetes, service mesh, CI/CD as well as monitoring and logging technologies.
· Extensive knowledge of the broad spectrum of technology areas, including technology trends, forthcoming industry standards, new products, and the latest solution development techniques; ability to leverage this knowledge to formulate technical solution strategy.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better. We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices. We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities. Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco