System Software Engineer - Cloud Infrastructure Engineering
Location:Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Security
Who we are
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team at Cisco drives the technology that's transforming the way IT departments secure their networks, and more importantly, their users. As a Software Engineer, you will be a key member of the System Software Engineering team, which is responsible for the design, development, and operation of the platform Cisco product engineers rely upon to deliver solutions to our customers. This is a small team that does big things. At its core, Cloud Infrastructure Engineering provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service for product engineering in the private and public cloud.
Who you'll work with
This full stack team of Software, Systems, and Network engineers are responsible for designing and building a new infrastructure platform for network function virtualization. This platform will combine aspects of software defined networking with container orchestration. Our customers are product engineers within the organization, who we value above all else. We pride ourselves in seeing them succeed by leveraging our platform. We work closely with the rest of the Cloud Infrastructure Engineering organisation to build core infrastructure, security applications and distributed systems at internet scale.
As a member of this team you will collaborate with engineers to explore problems and develop solutions to extend and enhance the services offered by the platform. You will work through the entire lifecycle of a feature from its conception to development to operation.
Some of the things you will work on
● Design, build, and operate an internet-scale network function virtualization platform.
● Collaborate with product and infrastructure engineering teams building cloud-delivered security applications.
● Learn the ins and outs of supporting a cloud platform running 24x7 production services
● Fine-tune configuration and improve the performance of a variety of systems alongside your team members
● Improve the continuous integration and deployment pipelines
The team could be a good fit for you if several of these apply to you
● You have experience with software defined networking, service chaining, and/or network function virtualization.
● Want to have a direct impact on the development of a new infrastructure platform.
● Are passionate about building solutions with security in mind.
● Enjoy working collaboratively with a team.
● Are deeply customer focused, and ● Love learning.
Our interview process
One of the aspects of job searching that’s always nerve-wracking is the interview process. To help reduce that stress, our process is fairly straightforward and we aim to be as transparent as possible with it. The process is as follows:
● 30-minute call with the hiring manager
● 4 hours of interviews with the team on-site or remotely
● 1 awesome collaborative coding assessment
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.