Technical Leader - Cloud CMTS Software
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Networking
Who You'll Work For
Cisco’s Cable Business Unit has the industry's most complete product portfolio of CMTS routers, Remote PHY devices, HFC components, and related SDN applications. We continue to be the market leader in cable related technology development, product breadth and market share. We are also one of the most active participants in defining cable related industry standards in collaboration with CableLabs.
Our Cable team is currently responsible for the architecture, the design and development of the next generation cloud CMTS product called cnBR. Much of this system is built with open source cloud native architectural components (Microservices, Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, Cassandra, etc) and will run on any generic server HW platform running Linux Host OS. The team is working on an end-to-end solution spanning cloud native infrastructure, Orchestration, Automation, Telemetry, Health monitoring, DOCSIS control and data plane, etc.
What You'll Do
- Design and develop SW on Cloud CMTS, Health Monitoring Applications, DevOps and SDN related applications, etc
- Design and develop python based automation for CI/CD and Go based white-box unit testing for increasing code coverage
- Deploy and maintain servers / testbeds for code development and test
- Contribute to and review engineering and user-end documentations, functional and design specifications, test plans, etc
- Follow Agile development methodology and contribute to continuous improvements in quality and timely delivery of our products
Who You Are
- 5+ years of embedded software development experience in switch/router products (any CMTS/DOCSIS protocol or other edge router control/data plane exposure a huge plus)
- 3+ years of industry experience in cloud native application / product development
- Understanding of cloud technologies such as micro services, docker, kubernetes, Kafka, Cassandra, ELK, ETCD, Redis, etc
- Strong programming skills in Go, Java, and/or C/C++
- Python programming experience is a huge plus
- Familiarity with Linux kernel OS
- Good understanding of communications network protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, etc
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
Educational Background and Experience:
Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 8+ years of relevant work experience
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.