Technical Leader - Cloud Application Development
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
Who You'll Work With
The modern enterprise is evolving. The network now has to accommodate more mobile users, more contractors, and more endpoints. When it comes to security, visibility is paramount. Endpoints around the world deploy AnyConnect and they rely on this product to gather important endpoint context visibility information which can be further leveraged for network analytics.
This role is responsible for crafting and implementing cloud components of an Endpoint Visibility Cloud Solution which are responsible for collecting data from millions of endpoints. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer or Computer Scientist to join us.
We inspire employees to hone their talents and skills every single day with creative and challenging projects. Employees are self-motivated, results driven and engaged. We recognize and reward quality results and dedication to our company's purposes and principles.
What You'll Do
Lead the design, development and deployment of significant part of a cloud visibility solution. You will work closely with cross functional leads like Product Managers and engineering leads from other groups to help define the product strategy. You will help identify optimal solutions to meet the product strategy. You will be hands on yourself, while you guide others in building the solutions.
You will be tasked with:
- Building High Performing Restful web services to support data from millions of devices
- Assisting with production issues as necessary
- Ensuring new code meets strict security requirements and writing supporting documentation
- Supporting continuous monitoring and audit requirements
- Developing new features
- Leading, mentoring the junior members in the team
Who You Are
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- Professional software development experience in Python, Go
- Good working experience in AWS Services & cloud applications development, deployment
- Experience with NoSQL databases like Cassandra
- Experience with Dockers, Apache Kafka
- Experience with Unix systems
- Deep understanding of secure computing practices
- Experience with distributed systems
- Strong debugging skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Experience in developing high performing and scalable software solutions with Agile and lean practices
- Sound technical depth - ability to go deep into technical problems and ability to create large designs when needed to solve a complex problem.
- Development of applications for a cloud-based service with thousands of customers
- High level of interest in network security with relevant experience in development of cloud security software
- Experience in resolving critical customer issues
- Experience with SDLC (Design, Development, Testing, Debugging and Bug fixing)
- Experience working with cryptography (X509, OpenSSL, digital certificates, etc.)
- Experience with writing test tools and frameworks
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will influence everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.