Technical Leader - Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS)
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
- Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the innovation of IP-based networking technologies such as routing, switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Our responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and environmentally conscious operations and products.
What You'll Do
You are an ambitious, hardworking, have experience working in cloud native technologies and looking for an opportunity to make a difference? Look no further, we need someone like you who can serve as a motivation of our dynamic development team. We are working on a ground breaking new approach to own the extensive platform portfolio and are seeking engineers who are not afraid to take risks, think out of the box, to join our Intersight development team as part of Cisco's DCCG portfolio. DCCG is the home of UCS set of products supporting a strong 60,000 customer base.
Who You'll Work With
This is a rare one time opportunity to be part of a multi-facet team and help shape the future of Server management technology, product direction and eventually the business in Data Center. You are a self-starter, excelling in communication, ownership and customer focus.
Who You Are
You will bring deep technical and software expertise especially in cloud native technologies and ability to work within a dynamic, startup like environment to deliver validated code that has a business impact. More than any other quality, we are looking for those motivated by the challenge of solving outstanding and difficult technical problems, those who thrive and excel when given creative freedom, and those who aren't afraid to dive into new territory (technical or otherwise) and learn something new. You will have a good sense of product design, and be willing to work in small, self-organizing teams. If you are looking to excel in ground breaking edge cloud based system management solutions and want to make a significant long-lasting impact, this job's for you!
- You will demonstrate a system-level focus while understanding the impact of every component. Knowledge of and exposure of following areas am essential for success in this role:
- You have experience in large system software design & development in a Linux platform environment.
- Strong system design skill in scalable, distributed systems and experience in Model-driven architectures and multi-threaded, multi-component complex systems.
- You have worked in a Technical leadership multi-functionalist teams.
- You have strong C/C++ or GoLang programming skill and are familiar with GIT, REST API, Micro services, Docker, Kubernetes.
- You have a MS CS/CE with 4+ years of related experience, or BS CS/CE with 5+ years of related experience.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.