Area of InterestInformation Technology
What You'll Do
We have a phenomenal opportunity for a Software Engineer / Technical Systems Engineer to join our team in Digital Enterprise Solutions, Logistics. Develop your technical skills as you deliver new capabilities using ground breaking technologies and processes and hone your collaboration and leadership skills as you work with a team of hardworking engineers and interact with business partners. Responsibilities include:
- As a senior member of the team, you will work with a team of engineers responsible for the software design, development and architecture for a role & workflow based, event driven based application.
- You should be able to own the team, be hands-on, deep dive into any part of the stack and be comfortable to work in a sprint based, agile environment.
- The ideal candidate will be technically strong, adapt to changes and be productive in an environment that includes incremental improvements.
Who You'll Work With
As part of the Digital Enterprise Solutions team, you will be part of Supply Chain Quality Organization team, committed to delivering outstanding services, tools, platforms, and data used to power our Supply Chain. From optimizing/automating Business process systems, to improving cloud service providers, to in-house development using the latest technologies, we are constantly innovating and evolving to give our Supply Chain team the competitive advantage.
You’ll be part of a highly dynamic and empowered team of collaborative Engineers and Technical leaders/Architects who are passionate about building, supporting and improving a seamless and end-to-end Orchestrator system.
Who You Are
Today’s ambitious business environment is more than that – it’s a period of disruption between the pandemic, global business change and internal process complexity. For us to focus on simplicity and the best customer experience, we need great talent and the right skills to be successful. This is now a mantra for our Cisco leadership team and for us.
The Digital Enterprise Solutions team is changing the way we run Cisco’s operations by improving the power of technology, the best of business processes and outstanding data insights. Together, we will Reimagine the Cisco experience. Show the world how to Reinvent applications and demonstrate the future of the Internet to Showcase the power of Cisco: our people, products, processes, systems, and data. Please join us and make this journey together!
We’re seeking a hardworking, experienced and self-motivated IT professional who has a real passion for technology. You feel comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and you are able to influence within and outside the organization. Minimum requirements include:
- 10+ years of experience with full-stack development experience
- Bachelor’s in computer science and engineering or related engineering fields
- Design, develop, solve and debug software applications for databases, applications, tools, etc.
- jBPM 6.4 (and above) that includes understanding of jBPM backend DB, APIs, business central & BPMN modeling
- Experienced with microservices architecture and an enterprise messaging queue (broker)
- Prior experience developing RESTful webservices using Java, Springboot, Hibernate
- Experience in working with RDBMS databases like Oracle.
- Ability to deliver products from the ground up going through a life cycle from requirements, technical design, solution, implementation, architecture, delivery, devops etc.
- Leading contributor individually and provide direction and mentoring to junior team members.
- Good communication and organizational skills and can work successfully in a team environment.
- Energy and real passion for your work
#WeAreCisco, where each person is outstanding, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!