Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
What You'll Do
Are you self-driven, passionate, and have tons of experience in cloud native technologies, looking for an opportunity to make a difference? Look no further, we are looking for an experienced Applied Scientist to be a part of a team solving complex natural language processing problems and customer demand insights (including segmentation analysis and persona building using big data, ML and potentially AI). We are working on a ground breaking new approach to manage the our extensive portfolio of products and are looking for engineers who are not afraid to take risks, think out of the box, to join our Intersight development team as part of Cisco's Compute portfolio. Data Center Compute is the home of UCS set of products supporting a strong 60,000 customer base.
Cisco Intersight is a cloud-based system management platform for Cisco UCS (Unified Computing System), HyperFlex and other data center products. It provides a more intelligent level of management that enables IT organizations to analyze, simplify and automate their environments. It is driven by analytics and machine learning to provide actionable intelligence for IT operations management. Intersight Virtual Appliance is an on-premise solution that runs the Intersight capabilities in a Virtual Appliance.
Who You'll Work With
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic core team, dive into big data sets in order to build simulations and experimentation systems at scale, build optimization algorithms and leverage cutting-edge technologies and help shape the future of Server management technology, product direction and eventually the business in Data Center. You should be a hands-on leader, excelling in communication, ownership and customer focus.
Who You Are
A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise especially in cloud native technologies and ability to work within a fast moving, startup like environment to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact. More than any other quality, we are looking for those driven by the challenge of solving unique and difficult technical problems, those who thrive and excel when given creative freedom, and those who aren't afraid to dive into new territory (technical or otherwise) and learn something new. You should have a good sense of product design, and be willing to work in small, self-organizing teams. If you are looking to excel in a fast-paced environment creating cutting edge network management solutions and want to make a significant long-lasting impact, this job's for you!
The ideal candidate demonstrates a system-level focus while understanding the impact of every component. Experience in applying various machine learning techniques and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance are essential for success in this role.
· PhD or MS in Computer Science or Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent; with 6-8+ years of related experience
· More than 2 years of industrial/academic experience in building classification models
· Extensive practical experience in several of the following areas: ML, Natural Language Processing, Recommendation Systems, Clustering techniques, applied ML or AI features/products/systems
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences
· Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high customer impact
· Experience with defining research and development practices in an applied environment;
· Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
· Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis
· Experienced in writing academic-styled papers for presenting both the methodologies used and results for data science projects.
· System software experience in a linux platform environment.
· Strong C/C++ or GoLang programming skill.