Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Service Provider, Software Development, Testing
What You'll Do
You will manage and lead development of 5G/4G mobility policy products. You'll be responsible for the following:
- Manage premier team to scope, develop and sustain virtualized 4g PCRF/DRA and help evolve the team to handle 5G portfolio by 2020
- Engage with Tier1 Mobile Operators like AT&T, VZW, T-Mobile customers in developing innovative solutions like BingeO (T Mobile), Stream Saver (AT&T), etc.
- Work with Offshore development teams and co-ordinate
- Job may require travel up to 15% of the time
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of the Mobile Core Business Unit (MCBU), which is enabling Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) personalize the mobile experience to make the most out of the challenges, and opportunities it presents. MCBU products have #1 market share in US, deployed at 300 Mobile operators, carrying 1 Billion subscribers, 2 Billion sessions, and 3 TB worth of internet traffic.
The Mobile Core Business Unit was created to focus on mobile Internet transformation where mobile data traffic growing very rapidly and ever more complex for operators to monetize. The business unit enables mobile operators to make the most out of the innovation, challenges and opportunities it presents in 5G/4G space. MCBU also focuses on 5G EPC nodes which supports CUPS (Control and User Plane Separation) and containerization/virtualization.
MCBU is a trusted partner to operators migrating to the next generation virtual networks. MCBU continues to be the market leader in mobility, delivering virtual and cloud solutions that address service provider challenges of network reach, network intelligence, and service creation velocity while enhancing overall profitability. MCBU is responsible for complete development of 4G/5G nodes ( Both NSA and SA ).
You will work within and across teams of focused premier mobility engineers. Socialize with key focused groups such as product management, sales, customer support and advanced services.
Who You Are
You manage and lead bedrock of engineering talent. You manage, lead and pave way for the engineering talents to innovate. You make sure nothing falls through the cracks. You encourage, challenge and work with the team to innovate solutions, products and associated features.
You will have Good understanding of Unix/Linux Kernel and a deep understanding of Operating systems, data structures and awareness about efficient algorithms. You will also have the below:
- 4G/5G 3GPP architecture familiarity
- Diameter or Radius technologies experience
- MongoDB or other NoSQL Databases, REST API experience
- OpenStack/VMWare expertise
- Kubernetes and/or other virtualization expertise
- Excellent communication/presentation/negotiation skills
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in product development
- Java or GO, OO Design Patterns, Multi-threading & Concurrency experience
- Good understanding of networking concepts, L2 and L3 protocols
- 4G/5G 3GPP experience and deep familiarity
- Micro services(K8/Dockers)/VMware/OpenStack experience
- Proven expertise in design, development and management of end-to-end solution
- Ability to provide deeper solutions in terms of reliability, scalability, performance etc.
- Proficiency in debugging and solving under virtualized deployments
- Experience with Agile product life cycle methodology and tools
- CI/CD exposure and familiarity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco