Technical Lead, Sr. Software Engineer - Data Center (Network Assurance Engine)
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the innovation of IP-based networking technologies such as routing, switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Our responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and environmentally conscious operations and products.
What You'll Do
You will work for on a team which supports the Cisco Network Assurance Engine (NAE). NAE transforms operations in data center networks to a fundamentally more dedicated model. Built on Cisco’s patented network verification technology, it is the most comprehensive assurance engine that mathematically verifies the entire network for correctness, giving operators confidence that their network is always operating consistent with intent.
Who You'll Work With
You will work with a team of dynamic professionals who are hardworking in designing and developing world's fastest growing cloud development platform. The environment within the team here is significant and will give people who are driven an opportunity to influence and impact the way Customers will use our products and transform their business.
Who You Are
- You have proven foundation in development with strong analytical and debugging skills.
- You are familiar with agile practices and believes in test driven development. You also have technology leadership skills including coaching/mentoring/teaching, critical thinking/judgment.
- You have 6+ years experience working in the networking industry.
- You have familiarity with network protocols, network management. You are also experience in software development for distributed systems, micro services is a plus.
- You are experienced in C++/Java and ability with Object Oriented Programming.
- Previous experience working on a customer facing product.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco