Technical Lead, Software Engineer - Network Assurance Engine
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the innovation of IP-based networking technologies such as routing, switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Our responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and environmentally conscious operations and products.
What You’ll Do
The Cisco Network Assurance Engine team is looking for a hands-on Senior Software Engineer / Technical Leader to join its feature engineering team, to design, develop and test object-oriented software. Responsibilities include:
- You will design, develop, test, document and deliver software in one or more areas of infrastructure, back-end or front-end, to satisfy product requirements.
- You will work with various multi-functional teams such as platform infrastructure, system test, DevOps and other feature teams as well as product management. You will also participate in technical discussions and provide creative solutions.
Who You’ll Work With
The Cisco Network Assurance Engine is a powerful operational tool to run intent-based data center networks, ensuring correctness of operations using various modeling and formal verification techniques, as well as providing cost-saving workflows for common Day N operations.
The team consists of engineers and researchers in core software, UI, UX, Big Data, Full stack, Formal, Mathematical modeling, as well as policy, security and other networking domain, drawn from academia, industry and several Big Data companies. We are primarily located in San Jose.
Who You Are
- You have the ability to code in one or more standard programming languages such as Java, C++, Python.
- You have working knowledge of test methodologies, including scripting and automation, and DevOps tools like Jenkins.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems architecture and design.
- Prior experience developing networking products is desirable.
- Knowledge of data center networking, and ACI in particular, is desirable.
- You have the ability to do hands-on development with strong design and coding practices, and learn new technologies.
- You have good problem solving and analytic skills and a self-starter, able to plan own work with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment.
- Good verbal and writing skills.
- Strong collaboration skills, and can work well in small and large group environments.
- You have a BS/MS degree in EE/CS with 8-12 years of experience.
- Worked on multiple engineering products, in software development roles.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.