Technical Lead- Software Engineer - C/C++/BGP Routing Protocols
Location:Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
What You'll Do
You’re an extremely motivated Software Engineer and passionate about learning and contributing to the team and the business with "can do" attitude.
Be a part of the overall BGP Routing Team (the best in the industry) in Central Software Group of Cisco, contributing to Design, Development, Coding and Test of routing software modules, that enable critical solutions for the Enterprise, Data Center and Service provider, and provide them a competitive edge.
Develop automated tests for software features to ensure high-quality handoff to the Test team.
Conduct and participate in peer code/design reviews.
Deliver detailed functional and design specifications of the software.
Work closely with the adjacent software teams in defining the programming interfaces into the various other software modules.
Who You'll Work With
Central Software Group (CSG) seeks an experienced Engineer to deliver software solutions for our Service-Provider/Data-Center/Enterprise products. This is an excellent opportunity to participate in development of flexible software in CSG for the next generation networking product’s.
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the innovation of IP-based networking technologies such as routing, switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Our responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and environmentally conscious operations and products. Cisco is a great place to grow your career.
Who You Are
Minimum Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Master’s degree with 6+ (or Bachelor's degree with 8+) years of experience in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related major
- Knowledge of Routing Technologies, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS protocols is a definite plus.
- Unicast/Multicast Forwarding experience would help too.
- Proficient in "C" and multithreading programming, scripting languages (Tcl, Python, Perl) is a plus.
- Understands advanced architecture principles and design practices
- Creative problem-solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Good understanding of concepts in operating system, Inter process communication, high availability etc.
- Experience in manageability frameworks such as YANG/SNMP/XML.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent teamwork and people skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work towards long-term goals
- Flexibility and openness to change
- Self-motivated and highly ambitious
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux. Experience using RTOS (ex: QNX, VxWorks)
- Understanding of networking fundamentals and protocols (ex: TCP/IP, Multicast)
- Understanding datacenter technologies/concepts like VxLAN, Segment-Routing, EVPN, Traffic-Engineering
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking aggressive risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!