Technical Lead Security
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What you will do:
- Expected to lead intellectual capital development and management efforts.
- Process Leadership
- Technical Leadership
- Lead Standardization Efforts
- Lead Transparency and Inclusion Efforts
- Required to position, architect, deliver, and improve service solutions.
- Lead, participate, and support worldwide collaboration with the security practice/ Product teams and cross-functionally with other Cisco groups.
- Create and adhere to standards, templates, methodologies, best practices, delivery frameworks, etc.,
- New Service Development
- Current Service Improvement
- Service Retirement
- Service Strategy Guidance
- Technical Leadership - required to participate and collaborate with peer solution consultants, solution architects and security practice technical leaders to identify, prioritize, and address salient issues.
- A range of demands for delivery of services by a solution consultant will include performing all the relevant services independently, leading a team of engineers across multiple technical disciplines where architectural and total solution perspective is required through Project and Services Lifecycle, Architectural Expertise, Teamwork, Subject Matter Expertise.
- Should provide mentoring for the development of potential and junior NCEs. Should provide technical mentoring for other technology practices, customers, and partners
Who You’ll Work With:
You will Interact with Cisco's customers working within an extended cross-functional team including project manager and account team members (Products and Services Sales; Systems and Consulting Systems Engineers).
You will Work closely with both internal and external teams, to come up with ways to optimize processes, and to improve productivity using automation wherever possible
Who You Are:
- Requires BS/BE/B.Tech degree or equivalent.
- 12+ years of related experience in IT industry.
- Minimum of 6-8 years working experience in IT consulting, systems integration or IT role.
- CCIE in any discipline – R&S / SP / Security / Wireless or number of years of relevant experience exhibiting qualities described above.
- Working Knowledge in Quality Systems and Industry Standards with preferred certification in process areas (ITIL/ TOGAF/ ISO, etc)
- Excellent command of English is a must, additional European language is preferred
- Experience in developing end-to-end solutions with both Cisco and selective third-party components. Given a set of business requirements, can provide a complete technical solution for medium to large enterprise of moderate complexity
- Deep technical expertise in Security technology domain with demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following areas - Firewall, IPS/IDS, Admission Control, Content Security, SIEM, SOC, encryption, VPN, Security oriented processes etc.
- Proven experience in implementing Security solutions across Enterprise and Service provider environments
- Experience in preparing, planning, and designing, implementing and optimizing Security solutions and a broader understanding of Cyber Security industry trends.
- Ability to grasp complex design concepts quickly and be able to provide the right solutions to the clients.
- Able to quickly develop relationships and credibility with senior management and maintain those relationships for the duration of the project lifecycle and beyond
- Strong commitment, enthusiasm and drive with the ability to work through conflicting pressures and priorities
- Track record of thought leadership through writing technical white papers, presenting at company events, and in selected areas of technical/ professional expertise.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams contributing effectively for collective successes.
- Fluency in a wide range of information technologies such as routing and switching (Enterprise / SP), security, infrastructure applications, voice, content networking, wireless, etc.
- Fluency in design principles (availability, adaptability, scalability, dependability (MTBF application), modularity).
- Fluency in operational disciplines (systems management, systems monitoring, change management).
- Experience with developing solutions and end-to-end architectures. Given a set of business requirements, can provide a complete technical solution for medium to large enterprise of moderate complexity.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco