Technical Lead, Programmable Video Frontend
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Software Development, Testing
Cisco Webex is the World's #1 business collaboration and customer engagement platform. It is used across all industries in the world being used to support governments, business, education, and more including use by 85% of Fortune 500 business. Cisco is the clear market leader in cognitive collaboration for unified communication and contact centers with People Insights, Webex Assistant, Webex Experience Management and now Babblelabs noise cancelation. These technologies are being integrated into Webex calling, meetings, messaging, team collaboration and contact center.
Webex is built on a very modern SaaS platform with a strong culture of DevOps that operates worldwide with engineers in locations such as the US, EU, China, and India. The platform is used by 100s of millions of people around the world, and we’re looking to build a team that can expand its reach to other powerful use cases that developers can integrate into their applications and services.
What You’ll Do
As the Frontend Engineering Lead you will:
- Help build and lead a thriving development team that loves practicing continuous integration and deployment
- Write code that will impact millions of people every day
- Make DevOps a primary concern to ensure services are reliable, scalable, manageable and supportable
- Develop new micro services that will be built on a Kubernetes PaaS
- Enhance and Extend Webex Telemetry systems for analytics and continuous improvement
- Collaborate with backend and quality engineers to spec, write, test, and deploy code that integrates with real-time data streams and API endpoints
- Be a gatekeeper of high-quality code, designs, practical approaches to scale
- Bring alignment between product teams, architecture decisions, and implementations - Be a servant leader and an inspiration to engineers in the team
- Be the driver of architectural consistency in the SDK portfolio
- 6+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- 6+ years experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- An expert in building web APIs or applications in frameworks such as ASP.NET, SpringMVC, Express, Rails, or Flask.
- Strong experience and expertise on how to build great API products - experience with GraphQL (Apollo), REST and NoSQL databases would be a great plus - understanding of GRPC/Protobuf will come in handy
- Experience with modern browser technologies
- Experience or demonstrated interest with real time communication/streaming protocols and video technologies
- Experience working with large codebase
- Demonstrated experience with REST, API design patterns, and scalable containerized systems and microservices
- UX and design sensibilities
- Experience working on Open source software
- Experience working on consumer facing products
- Familiarity with DevOps, continuous integration, continuous delivery
Who You’ll Work With
This newly formed team will report directly to the Webex CTO and live in the Intelligence organization at Cisco. The Intelligence team is comprised of three fast-moving startups that were recently acquired by Cisco to boost the industry's #1 Collaboration portfolio. We aim to build the next generation of collaboration software, devices, and APIs - from digitizing the in-meeting experience, enhancing distributed team efficiency and improving all aspects of people connection.
We have a team of world-class product managers, designers, and engineers who are exceptionally talented and all low ego. Many of our engineers have founded their own startups prior to forming Webex Intelligence, and they bring a wide and diverse set of industry experience and expertise with them. We draw on this well of experiences every day as we collaborate on our own product, tech stack, and go to market strategy. We have a strong “eat our own dogfood” culture. We live and breathe Webex everyday because we use the platform every day. We're highly collaborative, committed to building great things, and consider it a privilege to learn from each other every day.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!