Technical Lead, Mixed Signal IC Lab Validation and Test Engineer
Location:Allentown, Pennsylvania, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Title: Technical Lead, Mixed Signal IC Lab Validation and Test Engineer
Location: Allentown, PA
Description: Technical Leader for IC Lab Validation of high-speed serial transceivers and control circuits for Silicon Photonics applications
This is a high-visibility role in Cisco’s Silicon Photonics group. As a lead validation engineer you are expected in pre-silicon:
· Participate in design reviews, review product design specifications and create test requirements for design teams.
· Design and document test evaluation boards for silicon validation.
· Capture PCB schematics and work with SI and layout engineers to optimize board designs for high-speed RF testing.
· Have a good understanding of packages, connectors etc. and impact on board level SI. Identify critical PCB BOM components.
· Identify and procure test equipment required for successful test and validation of high-speed circuits.
· Generate software/firmware specifications for Cisco’s development teams.
· Evaluate boards through TDR and VNA measurements.
· Develop test plans and schedules for successful IC validation.
· Lead lab validation effort for top level characterization
· Ensure proper test coverage for analog and digital functional coverage
· Carry out validation across all PVT corners
· Review and present validation data
· Collaborate with cross functional teams to assist with module and ATE level test debug and yield analysis
· Mentor junior engineers and summer interns
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
· Candidate must have excellent lab skills with familiarity with state-of-the-art high speed test/characterization equipment
· Deep understanding of high-speed Ethernet based transceivers
· Knowledge of digital communication transceivers using modulation schemes such as PAM, QPSK/QAM, error correction techniques
· The candidate must be able to interpret IEEE 802.3 standards
· Good understanding of analog circuits such as op-amps, reference sources, analog-to-digital converters, digital-to-analog converters, high-speed custom digital logic, CDR, VCO, phase detectors etc. Good understanding of jitter mechanisms
· Some understanding of device physics and analog layout issues are required.
· PCB schematic capture tools such as Allegro or similar CAD tools
· Matlab, Python, Visual Basis/C experience is a plus
· Some knowledge of optical interface testing would be an advantage
Education & Experience:
Skills & Qualifications: BSEE/MSEE required with 10+ years in high speed RF validation with at least 5+ years specializing in multi-gigabit rate transceivers.